"Strip Show" at the SUPER BOWL

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Anonymous, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    [​IMG]

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional."

3. TheMoose

TheMoose Pianissimo User

Nov 3, 2003
    Sure, that's why Janet had on a tassel. :roll: See the rest of the story at drudgereport. ( do a google search)

4. Jazzman

Jazzman Pianissimo User

Dec 16, 2003
    More propaganda...........great :evil:
    What a bunch of garbage......this seems to be a growing trend. I, for one, am sick to death of this kind of BS. :roll:
    MTV should be ashamed of themselves, as well as the NFL. I still think that football players with all of their gear, can not hold a candle to rugby players. Now Rugby, that's TUFF!

5. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    there are no good super bowl halftimes, in fact, there is no 1-hour ball game that is worth 3-4 hours tv time plus pregames/postgames.

dj

6. romey1

romey1 Banned

Oct 25, 2003
    out

7. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Her face looks as bad as Michael's. Did they go to the same plastic surgeon?

Bring back live marching bands and horns!

M.

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    And for what it's worth, her boob wasn't all that interesting anyway. Of course, if you've got no talent to begin with I suppose you gotta "run what ya brung" (and old drag-racing term).

DRAG! Get it? haha

OK...me bad..........

Truth of the matter is that I personally think all MUSICIANS should be writing "open letters" to CBS and MTV complaining and sending copies to their local papers. That event was as rehearsed as could be... you don't wear pasties "just 'cause they keep you warm!"

I also see that the old "Liberal vs Conservative" conspiracies are popping up. Well that's just so many "meadow muffins". This had NOTHING to do with politics and everything to do with CD, DVD sales and $$ for the "suits". (and perhaps a general comment on the artistic capability of the Jackson family). MOVE OVER, MICHAEL! HERE COMES YOUR SISTER.

All rightee then.... (climbing down off soapbox)..... let's put this to bed for once and for all. (Oh drat...another pun). As the Muppets sang "movin' right along".... slow dissolve.

9. jamesfrmphilly

jamesfrmphilly Piano User

Oct 31, 2003
    the north philly ghetto
    you people act like you never heard of Little Kim.
    oh, you haven't 8)

10. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

I logged onto the CBS.com and NFL.com sites last night and registered my protest.

I hope everyone here will do the same.

That whole thing was a put on to promote the MTV's Grammy show next week which, conincedentally, stars the same group of low-life, low talent pseudo-musicians. CBS is the sister network of MTV.

On the Grunge Repoert website are stories about how Janet was interviewed before the game saying that something would happen at halftime.

Disgusting! America is portrayed around the world as an immoral place. The world got to have this "confirmed" last night thanks to CBS-MTV and the NFL.

Tom Turner