STUCK Valve

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by sistertrumpetdoc, Jul 11, 2008.

1. MFfan

MFfan Fortissimo User

Sep 13, 2006
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    I don't know how much you have into the instrument, but as you have the option to return it for a full refund, that's what I would advise and look for another horn. As I see it, that sort of casing damage is more serious than the bent slide, etc. Maybe it could be trued up with out a lot of difficulty. A repair tech could say. Unless it is a special instrument I would cut my losses before I had any. Rowuk's advice is sound. There are many instruments out there without that disabling problem. Good luck!:-)

2. sistertrumpetdoc

sistertrumpetdoc New Friend

Apr 28, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    First, "Thank You All for the GREAT Advice!" Second,-------I will be shipping the trumpet back posthaste!
    I suppose I was lied to by the seller, as they told me they had tested the slides and valves to ensure they worked properly before listing it for sale and also prior to shipping it to me. That really bothers me!
    I am thankful I discovered "Trumpetmaster," for it is here that I feel I have found Friends!

3. lakerjazz

lakerjazz Mezzo Piano User

Oct 10, 2006
    Just out of curiosity, which trumpet exactly did you get?

4. sistertrumpetdoc

sistertrumpetdoc New Friend

Apr 28, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    I purchased a Bach Mercedes II; the serial number told me it was made about 1972, and that was the main reason I bought it-------sentimental reasons. I got a new one when I was in high school but accidentally "lost" it to a pawn shop about fifteen years ago. I spent just a little over $160 for the one just acquired, feeling sure it would work as good as it looked. Needless to say, I was disappointed and BURNED.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2008