Students you have had you are most proud of.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by coolerdave, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Well, hey, Vocational school. High School Band. Some of my classmates went on to play professionally around here, but most didn't. Can only think of two off hand, maybe three at the most. One was in percussion, one was a reed/piano, the other was a trumpet player and he was about three years ahead of me........Buck:dontknow::oops:

2. trpt2345

trpt2345 Mezzo Forte User

May 21, 2006
    Morelia, Mexico
    Well, I have been lucky enough to have had several go on to become pros, not just pros but really heavyweight dudes. Victor Garcia, whom I taught from the get go is now the number one call jazz trumpeter in Chicago and band leader, google him, victor garcia trumpet. There are clips of him. He totally kicks my ass. He hired Brian Lynch and Steve Turre to play with his band a couple summers ago. Another younger kid, Nico Segal, has deferred going to Manhattan School of Music this year to go on the road with a band, Kids These Days, all of whom except for one were students of mine. Jeff Tweedy is producing their first CD, and they're touring the world. Other jazz students I have had, not trumpet students, have gone to Juilliard, Indiana, Eastman, NYU and so on. It's fun to stay in touch and see how they're doing, Facebook is good for that. Now I'm in Mexico and we'll see how my students here will do.

3. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    LUCKY? probably a little more than that :D