Stupid me

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Mar 26, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe that's: Dingo et it, Mate!:lol:

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    We've now a one year old Yorkshire Terrior and I'll dare you to leave a piece of paper on the floor. I'm going to have to take a picture of her chewing up a piece of music.

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Our Dog loves to chew on Dingos. Don't worry Aussies, it's a brand of rawhide chews here in the US.

4. keigoh

keigoh Pianissimo User

Oct 24, 2012
    Tokyo
    Haha I did that too...lucky me my part was quite repetitive so I was able to play it from memory.
    Sorry that that happened. Hope you're all right.

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    I have forgotten my music once for rehearsal - never a performance, Opened the folder to realise I had taken it out to photocopy at home, and forgot to put it back. Only once!

I have never forgotten a horn for a gig, usually have a spare stached in the car. But I have gone to a trumpet lesson, opened the case to find it was my Soprano Sax - and the teacher could not play sax. The sax was next to my trumpet, same size bag and made by the same company. Changed my trumpet gig bag so it will not happen again.

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Need /want more info!! Please??? [​IMG]

7. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    I almost did the "forget the horn" version last Saturday, but within a few seconds realised the case was too light.

However many years ago (when photocopying was rare and expensive) after months of preparation my Brass and Reed band traveled to another town for a regional competition and the band master, deciding to reduce the weight he had to carry, had left out all the music folders he didn't think we needed, forgetting that I played the euphonium bit in bass cleff and did not share the baritone part in treble clef with our baritone horn player. So I ended up busking my parts including (for me at the time) some tricky bits from the Florenter March. I never before then felt under so much pressure, and was amazed when we came second in our section.

--bumblebee

8. leftmid7

leftmid7 Mezzo Piano User

Sep 21, 2010
    Franklin, TN
    Toby, I will try to post a video.

9. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Very interesting subject. Here in Holland it's very cold.

10. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    Does that help you remember to bring the music, or to forget to?

--bumblebee