Stupid me

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Mar 26, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Precisely why I recommend general anesthesia. Not to prevent feeling the pain, but so you don't have to hear those words "Oops", which by the way I only have said when I hit the wrong button on the CD player I carry along with me to the OR. I don't forget the music. Of course now I use my iPod, right next to the iV, that is controlled by my iPad.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Sorry....hard to shake the image of you listening to the following during surgery:

Family guy - vasectomy song Video - Pinkbike

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    But under new insurance regulations, this was reduced to a vocal trio, and instead of clip, clip... it's just clip.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    I love to share -- because I tell the other person "DUDE or DUDETTE" it's your music so you get the music out of the folder and you turn the pages!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OH MISTY --- guess what? forgetting the music is NOTHING. Last night the conductor of the band was standing outside in front of the school we practice at when I pulled in the parking lot. ((keep in mind this is a retired teacher, and the mayor of a neighboring community)) ----- and he told me, and everyone else!!! "you might as well go home, I can't get in the building" -------------------------I guess the poor old chap forgot it was Easter Break and school was closed, uhm or he forgot his KEYS to get in, BUT I AM SURE HE HAD THE MUSIC WITH HIM!!!!! ----- ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

6. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Our alumni band has been locked out a couple times. We actually played on the back steps:roll::-o:oops::cool:

7. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Last month I got to a gig (an hour away) with no lead mouthpiece... Big Band lead gig with some heat in it. Had to do the show on one I borrowed from the jazz player. He saved the day and had a lead piece in the bottom of his mute bag.

8. X3Lb

X3Lb Pianissimo User

Aug 15, 2010
    Shrewsbury UK & Lanzarote
    Watch out for the next BIGGY.

FOGETTING YOUR GLASSES :shhh: :duh:

Peter McNeill likes this.
  9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    well -- yeah -- except you live in the NE of America also --- and it was like 28 degrees and a light snow over here in New York State ---- might have been OK, if we knew in advance and could dress for the weather!!!! ---- but it was a surprise thing!! "HEY WE ARE LOCKED OUT" ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. bumblebee

bumblebee Fortissimo User

Jan 21, 2010
    Great Southern Land
    28 degrees sounded quite warm until I remembered you guys use Fahrenheit. I'm still surprised you couldn't use the parking lot - after all what else is "warming up" for? :-)

Next time consider moving practice to the food court at your local mall.

--bumblebee