Successful

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Churchman, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Churchman

Churchman Mezzo Piano User

Apr 26, 2012
    Can anyone let me know whether a successful upgrade to Windows 10 will result in better playing?

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Well, the time it takes to get all of the drivers and reinstall everything does keep you away from the horn for a while................

3. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    You certainly took me by surprise. Thanks for jumpstarting my brain to think about seemingly unrelated ideas and looking to link them together. Best wishes.

4. Sethoflagos

Sethoflagos Utimate User

Aug 7, 2013
    Lagos, Nigeria
    I took the free upgrade to 10 on a fairly new HP 15 TouchSmart preloaded with 8. Mainly because I detest 8 with a vengeance.

The upgrade went through without a hitch, and touch wood, all the old stuff seems happy with it. 10 seems marginally less obnoxious than 8.

Therefore I am marginally happier.

Therefore I believe I am playing marginally better (or perhaps just marginally less self critical).

5. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Personally I play better since I use iOS :D

6. J. Jericho

J. Jericho Fortissimo User

Mar 16, 2011
    I didn't realize that there was any such thing as a successful upgrade to W10.

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    I'm still using Windows 7, and my monitor is not touch sensitive therefore 8 and 10 are not an option. Still, somehow I've no problem interacting with those using 8 & 10. (YET???)

8. Ljazztrm

Ljazztrm Piano User

Nov 15, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Not a chance! You need a Mac for that! ;-)

9. Tomaso

Tomaso Pianissimo User

Oct 2, 2014
    New York City
    Uh oh! I sense an 'operating system' battle commencing.
    I use Mac and I thought I would download MS Office because I need the side-by-side-page feature for writing books and Pages makes it all but impossible.
    When I clicked to the MS Office download site there was a feedback section. Not One satisfied customer! They all complained bitterly about glitches, crashes, and not-as-advertised stability.
    So I'm back to square one. Neither Windows Office nor Macintosh word processor offers a solution.
    I should add that my old MS Word was marvelous. Had every feature I needed and was easy to use, but when they update the program(s) your old version is no longer compatible.
    Brave new world.

Thomas/

10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    I use a 2011 MacMini (El Capitan), a CoreDuo MacBook with 10.5 and Microsoft Office 2011 on both and have NO CRASHES or other problems. My wife works with a Windows PC and we interchange documents and templates with no heartburn. I prepare presentations and spreadsheets for work with no hitches.

No need for an OS war, it is impossible to convince either side anyway that the rest of us really can get all of our work done. Those stuck on a system are really wasting time and energy. Just like a trumpet does not play itself, creativity is not generated by hard and software - it still is the artist behind the keyboard.