sudden toothache

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Pedrotrumpeter, May 12, 2013.

1. Pedrotrumpeter

Pedrotrumpeter New Friend

Feb 29, 2012
    Mexico
    hello trumpet master, now my question is about something that I had never felt, I have four years playing the trumpet, I worked for 5 hours straight in a day with a salsa band and not feeling anything, but now I have 3 or 4 days in my orchestra practicing 1812, and although in the section are five trumpets the teacher asks me my (I'm the principal) that touch of a ffff is written in the score to three times stronger than me there asking, and after these trials feel a sore tooth, I have not crooked or broken just I have that feeling .... any advice, suggestion or a way to work my fortes or working with my section so that together we achieve that volume?

2. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Audio amplification!

3. macjack

macjack New Friend

Oct 15, 2012
    Do see a dentist ASAP to make sure there is not any underlying dental problem.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Yep, it's not the horn... have a dentist check out your teeth.

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    After seeing your dentist..
    I always thought anything over ff was just a waste of ink. If they need more sound than my ff they need more trumpets.
    but if you are determined .. possibly a brighter setup trumpet wise and/or mp wise.

6. Pedrotrumpeter

Feb 29, 2012
    Mexico
    but was only the last three rehearsal, before this i dont feel nothing, only the 2 or 3 hours after the rehearsal, and the next day i was practicing all the morning and no, i dont feel anything, its the first time i feel that.

7. acarcido

acarcido Forte User

Dec 28, 2009
    Ontario, Ca
    Hi Pedrotrumpeter, may I ask what set of teeth are hurting you? Is it the lower or upper front teeth. I would highly doubt its any of the molar's right? Do you have fillings and if you do are they metal fillings?

8. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    See your dentist -

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

OK but seriously, when was the last time you saw your dentist?

10. Pedrotrumpeter

Feb 29, 2012
    Mexico
    on the lower front teeth, isnt the molars, and no like 3 months ago.