Suggestion for Hot Trumpet Trio

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Catchops, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Catchops

Catchops New Friend

Jan 5, 2010
    Kansas City
    Anyone have a suggestion for a "hot" trumpet trio that would work in a Church (contemporary of course) setting. I have a friend moving away who is a fantastic player and we would like to get together with him before he leaves at the church to send him off right.

We have a great band (bass, guitar, drums, keyboards) to be backup - the more challenging the better!!

Any suggestions? Anyone composed or arragned anything lately?

2. AKtrumpet

AKtrumpet Piano User

Jun 4, 2010
    Alaska
    Bugler's Holiday?
    idk

3. Hoosier303

Hoosier303 Pianissimo User

Nov 2, 2008
    Indiana
    beat me to it, same thing BH!

4. ComeBackKid

ComeBackKid Fortissimo User

May 11, 2009
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Pick a very nice hymn, and have him play the melody line while the other two play the alto and tenor lines. If you have a trombone or baritone-playing friend, they can do the bass line (or a string bass, maybe). That's the most appropriate thing for a church (worship) service. If you're doing in on a talent show, then Bugler's Holiday is a fun piece.

5. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    My thoughts exactly. There is a time and a place to showcase your talent and what you can do. Church is a time of reflecting reverence for what has been done for you. There are hymns that are exciting and fast moving. Look on YouTube at some of the work Phil Driscoll does. But please don’t do Buglers Holiday for this.
    Good Luck,
    Bobby