Suggestions for "play-along" CD's?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PakWaan, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hi jon,
    Hope this helps
    www.artistshare.com
    What she did was to remove the solos and you play the solos. Its very cool and worth every penny. One of my favorites is Pretty Road. I will often play the reed part (I think its the reed part) which is written under the Bb trumpet part until the solo. At the solo Maria takes out Jensen's solo and you play it. Also, Sky Blue is a lot of fun too.
    Enjoy!
    Markie

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010
  2. PakWaan

PakWaan Piano User

Apr 4, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Took me less than 30 seconds per song, but I've got a pretty fast connection.

3. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Hmmm, I can't seem to find any play-along, only the cd. And I did try to google it too! I'm very interested in that book/play-along :-) Any link directly to the book?

4. Markie

Markie Forte User

Jan 4, 2009
    Clarksburg, WV
    Hi Jon,
    Hope this helps
    --------------
    MSO Featuring You, Vol II Participant
    $29.95

What you get:
    The Sky Blue recording via download (128 kbps Mp3 - delivery date 7/24/07)
    Transcriptions of Donny McCaslin's and Greg Gisbert's solo on 'Buleria, Solea y Rumba'
    Downloadable MP3s of 'Solea' and 'Rumba,' minus improvised solos
    Downloadable PDFs of 2007 CD's solo parts in C Bb Eb and F
    Downloadable MP3s of 2007 CD's music, minus the improvised solos
    Streamed interviews with Donny and Greg about their work

On July 24th, 2007, when our Sky Blue recording is released, just login to your account and along with the download (128 kbps Mp3) of Sky blue you’ll also find your MP3 downloads of all tracks without the recorded improvised solos, PDFs of the parts in C, Bb, Eb and F, and streamed interviews with soloists. Leading up to this date, whenever you login to your account, you’ll be immersed in the process and planning, and will witness much of the studio activity.

5. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I've written a couple of new Basie style play-alongs with written out solo chorusses. I think I will record them tomorrow and then they will be downloadable soon after in my webshop.

6. PakWaan

PakWaan Piano User

Apr 4, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Some great recommendations, thanks!

7. incredibleman

incredibleman New Friend

Aug 28, 2009
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Can anyone tell me how this works? Their website, despite having about a billion words, isn't real clear on how it works. Do I have to buy a membership to get the priviledge of buying music? I don't see any prices. And I don't have a teacher so that part doesn't make sense to me.

8. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    You rent it and then have access to tons of play along and some sheet music. Mostly you use your own music.

I haven't used it much lately. It used to be 10.00 per month or 100.00 per year. I think they lowered the price. There was also a deal if you were in ITG. I think 25.00 per year.

9. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Before you play along PakWaan, you've got a tough choice to make! Which wonderful horn this time??

10. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
    I second the recommendation for trumpets Eleven and all other material by Michael Davis at Hip Bone Music: Hip-Bone Music

His 20 Minute Warmup is truly excellent as well, and you get to warm up with Phil Smith to boot :) talk about a sound concept. in fact, I would hazard a guess that this warmup probabl6y exceeds most player's practice regiment here :)