Suggestions for "play-along" CD's?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by PakWaan, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Bill McCloskey

Bill McCloskey Piano User

Apr 22, 2007
    If you have an iphone, IPad, or Itouch, I highly recommend the iRealbooks app. about 900 tunes and you can put in your own, you can play any tune in any key, the background musicians sound fine, and you can play at any type of rhythm or style in including Gypsy Jazz. It has been the number one source of me getting better.

2. incredibleman

incredibleman New Friend

Aug 28, 2009
    Calgary, AB, Canada

Well I signed up for Smartmusic and I would recommend it. They don't really have as much music as I'd hoped, so you might wanna buy books if you wanna be picky, but what do you want for $30/year?!! That's dirt cheap, and it's really a cool setup. If you have to learn from scratch you shouldn't be picky about music anyway. I have my PC connected to my big screen TV and my stereo, so it makes for the most perfect practice situation, looking at notes on the big screen instead of a tiny piece of paper falling off of a flimsy stand, and having the background band on my hifi system is nice. it also lets me play back what I just did, so I can hear how horridly bad my intonation is! Eek! :-(

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    There are exercises on there where they give you the music and when your done, it will tell you where you went wrong. It tells you early or late and flat or sharp. (I think, it's been a while)

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Thanks for that link! :thumbsup: