Suggestions for Trumpet Case Repair

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by llangston1, Jan 31, 2016.

  1. Newell Post

    Newell Post Piano User

    Mar 31, 2014
    Silicon Valley
    The technically correct name for the piece of hardware you need is -- I'm not kidding -- a sex bolt. Wikipedia wouldn't lie. We use them in construction for various kinds of door hardware.
  2. Kevin Whiting

    Kevin Whiting Piano User

    Apr 13, 2013
    Greendale, WI.
    Yup, have to pull the lining back. I have the lining pulled back on my '57 Olds Recording case. Slowly peel back, it's just glued in a few spots - it's not difficult at all. Some the the backing may tear a little, so just be careful and watch.

    I am going to use spray-on adhesive when I put it back together.


Share This Page