Summer Music Programs

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eoliver, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Heavens2kadonka

Heavens2kadonka Forte User

Jun 17, 2004
    Lebanon, TN
    Thank you for the info.

Y know, I have never played an trumpet pitched in another key than Bb! I have played a Bb and a cornet. THATS IT.

Sad, I know. :-(

Van

2. eoliver

eoliver Pianissimo User

Nov 15, 2004
    Albuquerque, NM
    When I made the recording, I think I had played Doug's horn once in a lesson with him. It was an E3-4L Schilke, a really nice horn. I was only 17 when I made the tape, probably had TONS of intonation problems, but they still let me in. Lucky me! I met my best friend there, and really got a taste of the level of trumpet players in the rest of the nation. There aren't many trumpet players in New Mexico, though there are some really talented ones. The one and only Bobby Shew went to the same high school as my wife (though many years before). I'm rambling...
    Interlochen was an amazing experience, I recommend it to everyone.

3. Tim McGinley

Tim McGinley New Friend

Is Berklee College of Music still offering the 5 week program during the summer? They offered a pretty decent selection of courses, lessons, ensembles and labs. That particular program (when I did it back in the day) had particpants from 14 to 40 years old.

If you have that kind of time available it might be worth looking into.

4. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    Is this the same Tim McGinley I know?

Pat Harbison

5. Tim McGinley

Tim McGinley New Friend

I don't believe that we have met. Not that my name is all that common. It is good to know that there might be another "me" running around out there.

6. PH

PH Mezzo Piano User

Dec 2, 2003
    Bloomington, Indiana
    The Tim McGinley I know used to live around Ft. Lauderdale and was the drummer with Ringling Brothers for years...great jazz player, too.

7. Tim McGinley

Tim McGinley New Friend

Well, I know that is not me. :D
    I am originally from the Boston area and can't play drums to save my life.
    Sorry for the mix-up....

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.