Summer Plans?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Iamtrpt, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Iamtrpt

Iamtrpt New Friend

May 16, 2005
    Mr. L,

What's up? Well anyways is the season over for the Minnesota Orchestra? Well since it's over are you going to go over to some big top music festival? Milwaukee's almost done in two weeks. What do you plan to do with your summer?

Me? Well I'm going to be going to Interlochen for the summer. Should be good stuff. I'm kinda tired though. What music festival to do you recommend? I was kinda lookin' at Eastern Music Festival, Eastern Shore Music, or Spoleto (dunno if I spelled that right).

Thoughts?

Iam

For everyone. What do you plan to do this summer? Chill? Practice?

2. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    I have been back in my home town. Practicing....and umm...tv, internet....and more practice.

I leave in a week for Aspen, CO for the aspen music festival, should be a great experience.

I just found out a few days ago that the ny phil will be in vail, which is only 2 hours away, and playing mahler 5!!! woo hoo

3. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    This will be a light summer for me. I've turned a few things down to have some time to live a bit.

We run our marching band during the summer months. Just for fireman parades and a county fair.

Paint the house and do some light but much needed landscaping around the front.

The wind ensemble will be doing our traditional outdoor gig in the park. Usually goes in the tradition of what the Sousa band concerts may have looked (we reduce our size a bit) and sounded like (some rah-rah marches, soloist, dances/overtures and maybe a Holst or Vaughan-Williams), in a gazebo. Pretty cool concert to play (especially since I get all the first trumpet parts when the section splits!), as long as it isn't so windy it blows the stands over!

The rest: fill in with some fly-fishing, photography, fishing with the kids, camping and beach time!

4. Iamtrpt

Iamtrpt New Friend

May 16, 2005
    Jstictes-How'd you get into Aspen? Isn't it hard?

That is awesome though! Off to pack...

Oh yeah by the way...my arm is getting better and it's just in a small cast now. It was minor stuff, but I got through it.

Haha! ;-)

5. jcstites

jcstites Mezzo Forte User

Jun 1, 2005
    Tallahassee, FL
    I just sent in a cd. heh. I guess its hard, i was on the waitlist last year and didnt get in.

Have fun at interlochen! If there is a kid there named kaleb hudson, he is amazing, from lexington ky. My sister has a friend going for flute, her name i sherry.

6. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Iam,

Sorry it's taken a while to get back to you...

My summer begins with a nice three week vacation from the hall, although not trumpet. I'll keep playing until our outdoor season begins and then our sommerfest concerts.

After all that concertizing is done I'll be off for another four weeks. I'll be away in New York and then to see my parents in Puerto Rico. My dad will be 84 this August and my mom is 79 until October when she becomes an official octogenerian like my dad.

If you want to know what literature we're playing check the MO website. I know there's alot of Bernstein and Gershwin this summer, Ravel G major concerto for Piano and Carmina Burana. There's always plenty more but that's the scoop that I can recall for now.

Have a nice summer and practice plenty!

ML