Summertime

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ChopsGone, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Well they started in 1986.........

2. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    1967 .. summer band, no marching just playing ... was a wonderful thing ... hated to see it red lined in 71

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Different areas, even High Schools, different situations. I went to Band Camp in my HS years, believe it or not, where we stayed at a YMCA summer camp in Blairstown, NJ, and that was August of 1965-68. Full stay-overnight-rustic-cabin-camp. Even now, trying to sugar coat it, I can't get warm fuzzy feelings about it!!!! Not a vacation. Nope:oops:

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    What? The music OR the girls, the woods thingy? I'm good to say, I am physically able to still do both, and when you combine the music with the girls and woods, the sky is the limit (as is the edge to the crest on the hill in the glade).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  5. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Back on duty I see some work here. Did you really mean to say, "I'm am good to say". No, I'm sure you didn't. Too bad I don't have access to actually Edit like anyone who posts can edit their own. Just think of the embarrassment it could avoid. So many fewer therapy sessions. More time to practice, and other positive activities. Thank you very much for the opportunity. I have to just "cherry pick" I might point out to the casual observer. I don't have enough hours in the day to micro Edit.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Edits made. I take micro manage as a complement, as micro means less and that means I'm improving... right? By the way, this error slipped by as I was righting it during a timed statistics quiz I was giving my students and the time ran out before I could proof. Sorry.