Symbol Chart

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by GijsVis, Oct 8, 2012.

1. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Hey TM,

Do you remember my Fingering Chart? (http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f131/finished-complete-fingering-chart-68632.html)
    Now I'm planning to make another chart, with all the symbols there are around, but advanced, like not just p = piano, but things like tremolo's and slide and mute symbols, to get another clear overview on them, like it is in my fingering chart.

Now I'm asking for your help, I need as many symbols or terms as possible, I had made a little list of things, but it's still at the workplace (D'ohhhhh), but I will pick that up tomorrow, any info, just the term, symbols, notations, anything is welcome, and I'll put it into the list.

Thanks,
    Gijs Vis

2. GijsVis

GijsVis Piano User

Jul 23, 2012
    Like the wikipedia page on Music Symbols, only 694 times shorter. And I'm trying to keep it just for brass players, than I can just add it to the other Chart. Therefore, really trumpet and trumpet mute related symbols are welcome :).

3. SteveRicks

SteveRicks Fortissimo User

Aug 15, 2009
    Alabama
    Great. I'm looking forward to seeing it. A rehearsal the other day we were all thinking differently on some plunger mute symbols.