Symphony again at last

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Still Trying, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    When I was a lot younger, I had the privilege of playing in a symphony for about 11 seasons. That symphony job paid, not only for my college education, but also for my first Bach.

But that was many years ago, and before life directed that I not play trumpet for many years (almost 25). I started playing again about two and a half or three years ago, but never dreamed I would have a chance to play in a symphony again-just too many years away from my horn. And then right out of the blue I was contacted by the personnel manager for our local symphony a couple of hours ago and asked if I wanted to become the permanent replacement for one of their long time trumpet players, who is no longer able to continue. And I was delighted to accept.

I'm about to discover if the Eclipse medium red is as good a cross over trumpet as Noel says. I do not expect to be disappointed. But now I find myself also in need of a good C trumpet, which I do not own. If I could just figure out a way to wiggle into Leigh's current contest....

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Get the orchestra to buy you one? ;-)

Congrats on the gig....I'm sure you'll have a ball.