System Blue Trumpet Mouthpiece

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by thathaltomtrumpet, Aug 17, 2012.

1. thathaltomtrumpet

thathaltomtrumpet New Friend

Aug 2, 2012
    So I have been playing on a Bach 3c mouthpiece. Is this mouthpiece worth the buy? I'm in my 3rd year of high school and is just now starting to develop my range again after my braces were taken off. I don't have the best range pretty much an A above the staff on a good day:-?. I really like the shape and I remember a blue devil who played on it. http://xtremebrass.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=110

2. ChopsGone

ChopsGone Forte User

Jan 26, 2009
    Northern California
    This hardly belongs in the Wiki section, but as long as no one else has commented: I don't advise buying this mouthpiece. I have not tried this specific model, but I do own the other one offered by the same source, and it doesn't impress me as being anything special. If you're after a big sound out on the field, I'd suggest you put your money instead into something like a Flip Oakes Extreme mouthpiece, in either the rim size you're already playing, or perhaps one size smaller. It's a big cup, a huge hole, and really cranks out the sound. When ordering, be sure to specify that you want the trumpet model; the last time I looked, his site hadn't been updated to include it, but it's definitely available. It's designed by someone who unquestionably knows "loud" and built by Mark Curry - what else could anyone ask?