Taking A Day Off

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by nestbeast, May 13, 2010.

1. nestbeast

nestbeast Pianissimo User

Jul 31, 2008
    Cultural black hole
    Thank you. I appreciate you sharing this as I found it very helpful.
    Looks like you have some nice horns - you must play a lot professionally.
    Again, thank you.

2. nestbeast

nestbeast Pianissimo User

Jul 31, 2008
    Cultural black hole
    I went to your website. You are very fine player and certainly know what you are talking about. Thank you for your information.
    Many great gigs.

3. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Ju Ju - that stuff is off the hook! (Went to your website)

Nice sound, cool ideas - you clearly know what you are talking about when it comes to the horn.

4. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    I do not consider a warm up to be significant or necessary except perhaps to feed a psychological dependency. The muscles in out face are not the same type as in our arms and legs. They do not need stretching or warm ups to work properly. The fine motor skills are habits developed over years of playing.
    I don't agree. Anotomically you are very correct about the make up of facial muscles and the lack of need to warm them. Playing is a syncronicity. Muscles involved in breathing and co ordinating the mental process to the physical response takes some amount of time. i don't know any player who gets their horn out of the case and launches into a high pressure gig.

5. JuJu Horn

JuJu Horn New Friend

Jul 25, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey TRICKG

Thanks for nice comments.

Thanks for checking out the website.

Ju Ju Horn

6. JuJu Horn

JuJu Horn New Friend

Jul 25, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Hey Nestbeast.

Not sure if you were replying to me but if so glad my little rant helped. Yes the horns are great but don't get caught up in the horn thing. it is 98% you. Play long notes, listen to all kinds of players and try and always produce a sound you like. The rest is work & dedication.

7. Alex_C

Alex_C Piano User

May 30, 2010
    Gilroy, California
    I used to take a day or three off after a big match. After that I'd feel funny not practicing and get right back on it.