Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Patric_Bernard, Mar 7, 2008.

1. natetpt

natetpt New Friend

Find an artist you can talk some ideas through with, and get them to sort out the design! Mine started as a piture of Miles Davis that my tattooist used as a template.

2. spitvalvejr6

spitvalvejr6 New Friend

Mar 5, 2008
    I have a trumpet tattoo. I actually think of getting a portrait of someone who inspired me greatly (maynard) but i ended up getting a simple trumpet on my chest with my nickname, spitvalvejr, in a banner below it. It worked out nicely

3. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    I have six tatts, but chose to have them reflect other aspects of my life than music. When all you do is play all day every day, sometimes it's nice to have a reminder that there ARE other things in life!

4. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California

haha it would pay for a few, but thats why i'm not gonna get it for another year or so. I'm gonna start taking lessons as soon as possible. Hopefully i get hired at sears today (second interview) and i'll have money coming in finally, after 3 and 1\2 months.

5. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    I have 5 tattoos. I did consider getting a trumpet to, but, I'd make sure you really like it first. There are many ways to find an artist that is good at portraits. Don't just go anyplace. Ask to check out a book of their work and check out their portrait work.

6. nplotts1

nplotts1 Fortissimo User

Aug 5, 2007
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I would really like to get a tattoo of my avatar on TH, The one attached

Attached Files:

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Patric, I will say a prayer for you! I wish you the greatest of luck in getting that job!

Robin

8. Patric_Bernard

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Thank you Robin, Unfortunatly I wont know until next week if i got the job, and if not, and I dont have any other job by then... I have no idea what I'm gonna do. I hate this stupid slow economy. I've been looking for a job non stop since january. Its just ridiculous

9. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Before you get that tatoo you might want to contact St. Louis University Medical School. They are one of the medical schools that is treating hepititis C with interferon.

I know of two people who incubated hep C for 10 years before it became active. They both live in St. Louis. One works for The University of Missouri St. Louis and is considered cured. The other one is my boss and he is being treated. I'll let you know if he dies. They both got it from tatoos. The average cost for the cure is $200,000. The meds for this folly are very expensive. My boss is lucky since The Boeing Company is paying for his. Who will pay for your medicines (interferon)?

No tatoos.

10. Patric_Bernard

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    lol well... thats a very small percentage when you take into hand how many people do have tattoos. If you go to a very renouned place that is very clean, i dont see why that would be much of a problem.