Tattoos?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Patric_Bernard, Mar 7, 2008.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Patric,
    like anything else in life, there is always a certain amount of risk, whether that be hepatitis from tatoos, ValSalva from trumpet, heart attack from potato chips, diabetes from bad eating habits (I am struggling with this now) or even drowning when swimming. We are all indestructable when young and have to adjust our lives later to compensate (I am on a diet and have to take pills).

Stchasking gave you a view from the medical side that is not as seldom as one would like to believe. Naturally, it is up to the reader to process the info and do what they feel is proper - as well as accept the results, good or bad. Something as invasive and permanent as a tatoo should be well thought out considering all of the risks.

2. flugelgirl

flugelgirl Forte User

Jan 20, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    One of the ways you can avoid problems form tattoos is by thoroughly researching your parlor and artists. I have always visited and watched them work several times before getting work done, as well as checking portfolios and trade magazines. I'm glad I did this, too - I was going to get one by the same artist a friend of mine was going to, but after watching him work I changed my mind - he took all neccesary precautions, but when a blob of ink got stuck in the needle, he BLEW it out - Ugghhhh! I went to someone else I was also researching, and had a great experience.

3. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Yeah Rowuk, I understand all the what ifs, but that is life, isn't it? flying on a plane, walking outside, driving, playing your horn, Sleeping. I'm definatly not trying to sound rude or anything, but I do understand.

Flugel, thats pretty nasty. You should have asked the guy what he was thinking.

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Have you seen the film "Down Periscope"? It refers to some of the ramifications of tattoos on one's anatomy. Taking the "Down Periscope" example, perhaps a trombone could be interesting.

5. midwestchops

midwestchops Pianissimo User

:D if you really want one, do it. i dont regret mine even a little.

[​IMG]

6. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California

Haha thats actually pretty awesome.

7. DarkKnight88

DarkKnight88 Pianissimo User

Mar 12, 2008
    Tallahassee/Bradenton, Fl
    I thought about getting one myself. But, I haven't decided on what. I also thought about a portrait of Maynard or even Arturo. But, I have to agree with Patric, that is an awesome tattoo widwestchops!

8. chryxz

chryxz New Friend

Dec 25, 2006
    Hey Midwestchops... Do you happen to have that tattoo on the back of one of your arms? I do believe we share a trumpet studio :-)

9. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    I have a trumpet tattoo. It is on my inside right forearm just below my elbow.

I sat on it for a year to make sure I wanted it, and I made sure the place I got it was reputable and clean (asked to see their cleaning and sterilization equipment etc) and I made sure I talked to the artist so she had a clear understanding of what I wanted. I made her reposition it a few times, and redraw it until it was exactly what I wanted.
    I also kept it small at about 1.5 inches, and easy to conceal if need be.

It is based of the muted post horn from the book The crying of lot 49, although it is only because I liked the idea. I did not enjoy the book.

[​IMG]

10. Lizzie

Lizzie New Friend

Mar 15, 2008
    Blackbutt, Qld AUSTRALIA
    haha i like the 'mines bigger' idea, lol very imaginative... seriously tho, i dont think they would be that good tho cause if the tattoo isnt not done right... YIKES fashion disaster 1.0.1... but the fact of the matter its wat YOU want as an individual...