taylor chicago custom trumpets and ritter bags

Discussion in 'Horns' started by akimmkia, Nov 12, 2005.

1. akimmkia

akimmkia New Friend

Nov 12, 2005
    hi im new to this site i was wondering if anyone had any experience with these trumpets or ritter bags :

2. tinnmann

tinnmann New Friend

Mar 10, 2004
    NE Ohio
    Ritter

I can't help with the trumpet but I do own a Ritter gig bag. It is very well made with lots of padding, some pockets for your incidentals and came with detachable backpack straps. It is worth the money.

3. djm6701

djm6701 Pianissimo User

I have a Ritter triple bag that I got for a ridiculously low price, which I like very much. All my stuff fits in it. However, if I'm taking public transit, I go back to two Yamaha hard cases and a backpack for music and mutes as I don't think the horns will take much banging in the Ritter.

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Whenever I see I Ritter bag, I always expect someone to pull out a tennis racket or gym shorts instead of a musical instrument...

5. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    I carry a Ritter triple, great bag no complaints.

6. GordonH

GordonH Mezzo Forte User

May 15, 2005
    Scotland
    I used to carry my Chicago Custom in a ritter triple bag.
    It was the only bag I could find to fit it.
    However the inside bag for the third instrument had the same side of velcro on it as the bottom of the bag so they would not stick together.
    If you get one, make sure the velcro is correct.

7. jfrasier

jfrasier New Friend

Nov 29, 2005
    SE Texas
    Are there any bags or cases that will work well with a Chi. Custom? I just ordered one and have been looking for a good case. I really don't like the double and triple bags of any company because they are just too cumbersome. When I go to gigs I just bring what I need and not every thing I own.
    Having measured all my single and double hard cases and , I discovered that the horn will not fit. So, does any one know of any good cases that will work, preferibly hard shell?

8. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    A Torpedo Bag works fine for my Taylor.

Regards,

Trevor

9. drofsereb

drofsereb New Friend

Jul 25, 2005
    My Chicago standard fits (with flugel) in a Pro Tec combo case. My old soft bag wouldn't take the large bell though...

10. jfrasier

jfrasier New Friend

Nov 29, 2005
    SE Texas
    Thank you. I ended up getting a Marcus Bonna double case that seems to work well.