taylor heritage trumpets

Discussion in 'Horns' started by davidjohnson, Mar 20, 2004.

1. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
  2. camelbrass

camelbrass Mezzo Forte User

Nov 5, 2003
    Dubai, UAE
    Hi David,

As far as I understand these are custom one-offs. Send Andy Taylor an email and I'm sure he'll give you all the info you need.

Regards

Trevor

3. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    I emailed Mr. Taylor about it and this is what he told me (paraphrased);

The heritages are a built to order deal, so unless you know someone who owns a heritage, you're outta luck to test them. They have the same style and bore of leadpipe as the Chicago Custom Lites. They are fairly heavily built, and have a big wide sound, and lean towards the darker side. Prices differ based on the complexity of the horn, but supposedly average around the Chicago series (3000 @WWBW).

Personally, I definitely could see myself playing that Olds Recording copy or that copy of a 40's King. I could see it very well. But I couldn't afford it :(

4. bj

bj New Friend

Oct 31, 2003
    Hi David
    I played one last summer at Trevor Jones in Bristol (UK). It was the one built on the King and it was a really fine horn. If I hadn't laid out the money for a Conn V1 just a month before I wouldn have got it. I had the opportunity to try it against Kanstuls, Bachs, Yams, Haagstons, Stomvis, Taylor Chicago Custom etc (well stocked shop eh!!) and I really liked the Taylor Heritage.
    all the best
    Brian Jones

5. davidjohnson

davidjohnson Piano User

Nov 2, 2003
    arkansas
    thanx all for the replies. i, too, have contacted andy taylor, but it was to find out if his trade in policy was in effect for the heritage trumpets. the answer is yes. now...if you will each send me a really good horn i can trade to him...i'll get a tayor heritage free and send you all pictures of it :D :D

dj

6. tonino

tonino New Friend

May 16, 2007