Teachers

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by jason_boddie, Feb 20, 2010.

1. jason_boddie

jason_boddie Piano User

Dec 26, 2008
    Jacksonville, FL
    Sorry for any spelling errors, an area which my brian wasn't designed. If my English Teacher wife isn't here its a crap shoot.

Sorry Markie, I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. The entire thing just hit me wrong.

I'm going to practice it out of my system right now......

2. hup_d_dup

hup_d_dup Piano User

May 28, 2009
    Tewksbury, NJ, USA
    I had a great trumpet teacher in junior high and high school. Learned a lot not just about the instrument but about what it takes to get things done in general. Very inspirational in that regard. He had a lot of faith in me and was very supportive of my decision to major in music in college.

At college my teacher was a distinguished trumpet player who for 20 years had been principle at one of the big 5. I didn't think he was a good teacher and I'm sure he didn't think I was a good student. It didn't work out well and I dropped out after a year. I take complete responsibility for everything that happened there.

I felt like a complete failure and didn't keep have the heart to keep up my relationship with my high school teacher. 41 years passed before I was emotionally ready to pick up the horn again.

Now I've been playing since May. I contacted my teacher and he was delighted to hear from me. He's retired now and I'm planning to visit him this spring. He was happy to hear that I'm playing again and we are planning to do some playing together when I visit. I lost a lot of time ... but there's no better time to get back on track than right now.

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Not only very true, it is the only option.
    v