Ted Piercefield of CHASE Returns

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DannyJoe, Oct 4, 2013.

1. DannyJoe

DannyJoe New Friend

Jan 24, 2010
    Yuba City, CA
    After 40 years away from commercial music, Ted Piercefield, one of the original trumpeters in the '70s Jazz/Rock band known as "CHASE," has returned to bring his incredible sound to today's music world. That sound is NOT dead--it still lives in him, and with your help it's going to emerge again in a powerful way.

To bring this sound to life, Ted has launched a brand new campaign on Indiegogo to raise the funds needed to hire a special caliber of musicians to record his tunes, which, as you know, demand extraordinary trumpeters.

I'm going to namedrop now: Jim Manley, Eric Miyashiro, Kevin Seeley, and a powerful former Maynard Ferguson trumpeter (he has asked that his name not be made public yet), and others have expressed incredible interest in recording Ted's new songs, some of which were actually rehearsed with "CHASE," but had not yet been recorded in a studio.

Click http://igg.me/at/ted-returns/x/4858264 to check out Ted's Indiegogo Campaign, and please help Ted out, 'cause he's been gone for 40 years, and a shrinking number of music lovers have heard of him--YET!!

Of all people and groups in the world, THIS group should lead the way to support the return of our fellow comrade, whom I thought had long fallen. Not only has he NOT fallen, but is about to rise as the Phoenix Bird. This is like a dream come true, and we don't get many of THESE opportunities. Let's make it happen for Ted and for trumpeters everywhere.

2. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I'm sure this will be a project that will produce some awesome music, but won't be cheap. Studio time and mastering aren't cheap, and a big band to record will not be cheap either. I'm surprised this project isn't (or hasn't been) picked up by a record company.

I wish the endeavor the best of success!

3. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    It would be awesome to have "new" Chase - like music!

4. DannyJoe

DannyJoe New Friend

Jan 24, 2010
    Yuba City, CA
    You're right on ALL counts. Ted is wanting to do this on his own, with the help of music lovers like yourself, instead of tethering himself to record labels who will then control everything, and to whom he owes everything. I have heard WAY more than the few samples he is sharing, and they are GREAT! Since Ted did quite a bit of the CHASE arrangements himself, and vocals, etc., he KNOWS how to produce that sound today, and he intends to. Just gotta get the funds to do all the things you said. Please help get this word out...talk it up. This NEEDS to happen or it'll be like the Beatles never getting back together (in the brass world, of course). Thanks for your interest, now go drop a few bucks.

Have you gone to Indiegogo and listened to his new stuff? The song "Love" was actually rehearsed by CHASE. Let's bring it back!!

5. DannyJoe

DannyJoe New Friend

Jan 24, 2010
    Yuba City, CA
    Yes, so go to his Indiegogo site, listen to him explain his dream, and then choose a perk. ALSO, let's start talking his campaign up. If this thing IS to come about, it'll take both the talkers AND the walkers. Thanks for your interest...let's rally behind him!