Temple University Trumpet Program

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trumpetPA2009, Apr 25, 2009.

1. trumpetPA2009

trumpetPA2009 New Friend

Jan 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh PA
    Let me know what you've heard about it.

2. hubnub

hubnub Piano User

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, OH
    Terell Stafford....:thumbsup:

3. Virtuoso2B

Virtuoso2B New Friend

Jan 3, 2004
    Philadelphia, Pa
    The program is "ok". Biggest complaints... studio class only once every 3 weeks and for only 40 minutes. Never any other guest artist masterclasses. You get your lessons, studio class a few times a semester, and that's really about it. I have seen many "lesser" schools who spend alot more time on money on these 2 very important aspects of musical training. The teachers are great, but don't hope for much outside of lessons.

4. trumpetPA2009

trumpetPA2009 New Friend

Jan 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh PA
    are you at temple?

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    This is what they have to say for themselves:
    "Students of Temple's Jazz Studies program have the opportunity to participate in both large and small ensembles. Jazz Band, Lab Band, Brass Ensemble, Fusion Ensemble, Percussion Ensemble, Guitar Ensemble, Vocal Ensemble, and New Music by Temple Composers provide a comprehensive performance experience in solo as well as ensemble playing for both instrumentalists and vocalists. All of the performing groups are coached by an experienced faculty of musician-educators. Graduates are prepared to begin a career as professional performers."

If you were there and ambitious, I'll bet that there are some cross links to Boyer.

6. trumpetPA2009

trumpetPA2009 New Friend

Jan 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh PA
    I'm headed to Temple majoring in classical trumpet performance.