Terminal N+1 vrus....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bachfella, Oct 28, 2013.

1. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    As I've mentioned in some previous posts, I'll be trying out some horns later this week (or possibly next week)at my local brass tech's shop soon--A Schilke B-5, a Burbank (I don't know what model the Burbank is right now, but it's a copy of an LA Benge, and it's made by Kanstul, so it's tempting), and I'm going to look into the possibility of picking up a C trumpet. My tech stocks and sells some new horns, in addition to doing repairs. On top of this, I recently saw a '53 Olds Recording online, and THAT'S making my mouth water!! My question to my fellow TM members is, is this typical of an N+1 virus infection, or is my case more serious than most??:shhh:

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    No, typically the mouth gets dry when the actual final impulse purchase is made...

3. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Yeah, but it flares up when you least expect it.

4. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Only one horn at a time...don't shoot the wad all at once. Stretch it out so you have a new horn to play every 6 months or so...:lol:

5. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    Great replies, guys!! I'm still laughing at Gmonady's and Bochawa's responses, and Dale--I'll try to space 'em out, but I'm in the full throes of the infection now, so that might be tough!! By the way, Gmonady--I saw a picture of you on the Kanstul site recently--you were playing your 1526 flugel....

6. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    My N+1 seems to flare up coincidently with my investment dividends arriving.

Regards, Stuart.

7. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    But, Stu; these 30 horns of yours are all investments as such, are they not?

At least, that´s what you´ve told me, and as I´ve understood, your family as well . . .

8. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    Hi Sofus,

My horns hopefully will be of some benefit to our children when I leave this life, meanwhile I enjoy playing the vintage horns, comparing the various manufactures and models and I have some more since our last conversation.

Regards, Stuart.

9. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    But of course! What could be better to leave behind than 30+ horns ! ?

Oh, I´m sure you do, Stu, I´m sure you do ! ! :roll:

10. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    It's all relative ... use to have a member here who literally had over 90 Olds Ambassadors ... and more vintage Conns then I could remember. Then the members who build closets to store all their instruments... I think you are safe.