Terminal N+1 vrus....

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by bachfella, Oct 28, 2013.

1. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    I don't NEED more horns--I just WANT them..I tried the B5 once, and I want to give it a second "test drive"....Never tried a Burbank, or a Recording, and I've never played a C trumpet--I thought it might be nice to have one if I start playing church services, but that's not really necessary--I just thought it would be nice to have one. So you see, I'm truly in the throes of a SERIOUS infection, and I'm starting to worry a bit--after all, it IS true that we can only play one horn at a time, and nobody can own one of EVERY PRO TRUMPET MADE (although I do admit, I've thought about what it might be like to try!!) I guess it's a good thing I'm not married....I'll get the horn(s) first, then get a girlfriend!!:lol:

2. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    The idea is to maintain a consistent level of wife agro by spreading out your impulse purchased throughout the year.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    That was so -3 x (N + 1) ago.

4. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    you crack me up Doc

5. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    my virus has diminished since retirement, have a friend who has had the virus for many years and it covers all instruments. He once told me that he told his kids there won't be much in the bank when he passes but they can have one heck of a garage sale. lol

6. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    It only recedes into a root ganglion, only to come out when your resistant is low... kinda like the shingles.

7. Bochawa!!!

Bochawa!!! Forte User

Nov 4, 2007
    Canada
    Yeah, but not quite as painful and, as far as I know, there is no vaccine. You can't have just a tiny little bit of N+1 and then be immune. Nope, once it's got its hooks in you there's no escaping it.

8. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    Bochawa,

How right you are!! I'm LOADED with N+1 right now--so much so, I can't even THINK about a horn I don't already own without madly searching websites for pictures and reviews of horns!! MY STRAD NEEDS SOME PLAYMATES!!!! By the way, I didn't realize until a day after I'd submitted my original post that the word "virus" in the heading didn't include the "i"--my computer keyboard plays little tricks like that sometimes....

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  9. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Gmonady, there is a 22b in the market place that is whispering BUY ME (must resist).

10. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    It's only terminal if you start buying them for your wife as "gifts"!!!