Testing A Possible New Way To Tune A Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dr.Mark, Jul 3, 2013.

1. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    :-? :-? :-?

This is between you and Rowuk! Y'all talking WAAAY above my paygrade. I just play them. I don't design them. I do collect them too! :lol:

2. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Rowuk Burns eats worms.
    I'm done.
    Dr.Mark

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Rowuk Burns? No one that I know. Eat worms? Never have but would if there were no other choices. Claim that this "worked"? I guess it depends how that is defined. Can we find trumpets that have leadpipe/tuningslides or whatever that can be division of 2 of the acoustical length of the instrument? YES! Does that mean anything compared to tuning the whole instrument? NO! Should we even care? Well maybe. If my name is Ivan or Jason or David and I am building horns, perhaps there is some synergy that Harrelson and Monette have not found. If I am a player with weak chops, no, this will not help one bit. If I am a player with strong chops, it won't help either. Is it cool to know that half of my trumpet is in the same key as the whole thing? Not for me.

A stir? Well, maybe others are not happy about certain things here either.

Anything to get excited about? Maybe. Nobody locked down anything or even threatened it. Why should this even come up? I don't censure unless someone gets vulgar and this is not the case with you Dr. Mark.

Face to face: I am no different. Generally face to face we don't have the problem with topics getting off subject or personal. In my studio, I just model the hypothesis and then we have something to run with or bury. If my students came up with something like this, 10 minutes is all that would be necessary. Friendly, scientific, fun. It never would reappear 2 years later unless it had merit.

As I said, topic wise this thread is better suited for the lounge.

Your done? Well that is not my wish but it's your online life.

4. robrtx

robrtx Mezzo Forte User

May 26, 2012
    Hawaii
  5. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Gad. Me thinks a few good folks might find other things to more satisfactorily spend their time on.

For me, personally, this whole thing is a non-issue. For others, just beating dead horse. Time to pause and smell the roses.

6. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
  7. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Hi rowuk Burns,
    You stated:
    "Face to face: I am no different. Generally face to face we don't have the problem with topics getting off subject or personal."
    ---
    No way! You must be the biggest baddest person around. Otherwise you'd had your teeth kicked in years ago. Let's just cut through the bullshit. I know, you know, and everybody else knows that the internet is your insulator. The anonimity allows you the ability to be hurtful and rude. Heck you even enjoy "flaming" people. Not nice at all and it's a pity that someone (MJ) doesn't reel you in.
    Like I said, what good is wisdom served with barbed wire. Tell you what, why not post where you actually live lie many of the members. That way some college kid or comeback player who's feelings you really hurt, can do a face to face with you and you can tell them again in the same manner how you feel and what you think. Yes! lose the insulation and maybe, just maybe you'll become a little (lot) more civil. Life doesn't change much from playground to office. To say you're no different face to face is a bold faced lie. Why? You wouldn't be playing the trumpet. I tried getting along with you but I feel crappy every time I agree with you or correspond with you because doing so also makes me associated with your snotty mouth. Just damned, I can't say this about a lot of people but you really suck as a person.
    Of course you'll need to respond but please don't. In fact, tell you what, I'll avoid your postings (heck, I'll even avoid this thread) like the plague if you'll do the same in kind. If you can't do that, then as a moderator I request that you perminently remove me from this site (I like helping people but I don't want that help to be associated with people like you). It's just that simple. Problem solved.
    That way you can say I had to ban Dr.Mark because he was so (insert rowuk-ism here).
    Dr.Mark

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Hmmm....

[​IMG]

Thanks to Dr. Eric Berne for giving us Freud in English! Please note that there are Parent to Parent and Child to Child connections as well.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Dr. Mark,

sorry, no ban. If you go, on your own power, when you want. Bans are reserved for spam and continued vulgarity. Not getting along is simply your problem (although it always takes two to tango).

You can try to beat up on me, if that makes you feel better. Just keep the language clean and the posts in the right section of the site. Your heartburn (sorry) is very easily solved, but then, you are the doc......

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I believe Freud connected with underware manufacturers as well. If I recall correctly, there is the Freudian slip.