TH hid ZeuS

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by Liad Bar-EL, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Subject: ZeuS
    Author: Moderators
    TH Moderator Group

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This thread was moved out of sight per the request of the participants.

Your friendly neighborhood Moderators.

[ This Message was edited by: Moderators on 2004-01-04 14:41 ]

http://www.trumpetherald.com/forum/viewtopic.php?topic=15661&forum=15&0

2. Horn of Praise

Horn of Praise Pianissimo User

Nov 1, 2003
    United States
    Hi Liad,

Do you have info on what was "in" the thread that caused it to be "deep-sixed"? It was my understanding that they (TH) were going to let Alex post again after being on probation for awhile...or something like that.

I'm just curious. You know, those of us here at TM can always learn from others mistakes. I'm not accusing anyone of anything...I just like to stay on top of developments...being a moderator here and all.

All the best.

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I have no idea what happened.

Maybe someone else knows who are the moderators over there?

All the best,

Liad Bar-EL

4. trumpet

trumpet New Friend

Dec 30, 2003
    Maryland
    Zues

I read it a few hours ago, and 1 person mentioned something about a Zues horn, that I didn't find offending in any way, then 2 people said that the thread was going to start a war again, so the moderators locked it I guess

5. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

I know what happened on that new thread that started today, and I even posted on it.

Here's what happened:

1. A new TH member posted (probably a kid hoping to see fur fly), asking something like, "Hey, what's up with the Zeus trumpets."

2. A veteran member posted something like, "Hey man, why don't you just let it finally die."

3. The original poster then replied, "Sorry. I wish I hadn't written it.

4. I then replied to the original poster's last post, "If you sent the moderators a Private Message asking them to remove it, since you wish it gone, I'm sure they'll honor your request."

THAT, APPARENTLY, IS EXACTLY WHAT HE DID! The moderators respected the wishes of the original poster too. I figured they would.

_______

As far as Alex's temporary ban on the TH site, I learned from one of their moderators that he has now been permanently banned over there.

He was caught using different names to post in order to keep his stuff at the top of the board . . . and also to keep things stirred up.

_______
    NAMES OF THEIR MODERATOR BOARD . . .

Several of their moderators have come "out" and many people know their names. A couple of others choose to remain anonymous, and I'll respect their wishes.

It seems to finally be working over there and I wish 'em well.

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

6. swthiel

swthiel New Friend

I saw the thread in question before it was moved, Tom's description basically matches my recollection. The only differences are minor ... (1) I think the originator of the thread was new enough to have missed the most recent ZeuS wars but wasn't a kid and (2) that person asked how to delete the thread. I can't speak to whether a moderator took action based on what was posted or based on a PM request.

Steve

PS -- Liad, when I've had questions about TH moderator actions, I've taken the somewhat radical step of sending a PM to Moderators, just as I'd send a PM to a designated forum moderator here if I had any questions. Works pretty well!

7. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Steve,

First let me say that I really like the picture your are using and would like to know where to find it.

Concerning your quote above, I don't understand why you are pointing this out to me in this forum and at this time. Could you explain? Let's keep in out in the forum being that you brought it out in the open forum.

All the best,

Liad Bar-EL

8. swthiel

swthiel New Friend

Liad,

Here's the URL for my avatar:
    http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/desktop_diversions/images/demons_of_stupidity_th.gif
    I'm glad you like it!

After I read your note, I reviewed the thread and realized that I should NOT have personalized my comment as I did. I somehow managed to attribute Paul's question ("Do you have info on what was "in" the thread that caused it to be "deep-sixed"?") to you. My comment may have come off a little sharper than I meant it to. I hope you'll accept my apology!

What I was really getting at is, the mods over there got a lot of heat early on but things have really settled down. My personal experience is that if you PM the moderators over there, they'll answer. I suppose I'm just a little defensive of things on my "home" site and my fingers got a llittle bit ahead of my brain!

Once again, I hope you'll accept my apology for my clumsy mistakes.

All the best,

Steve

9. rdt1959

rdt1959 Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2003
    Georgia
    A personal perspective here;

The Moderators of this site can just go on doing what they are doing, because as far as I am concerned, they are doing a FANTASTIC job!

10. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Steve,

You're an honorable man to have on any trumpet forum and I am honored really to speak with you.

To really put this in perspective, I am living on the edge of life out here and this means I can get edgy on just about anything; so, I apologize for this.

Steve, I will accept your apology if you will accept mine.

I too have noticed that Todd’s Mods have really come to face reality in dealing with people since I was there. It’s nice to see some compassionate control over there; thus, I have started some postings there as well.

How did you find such a cool avatar? Maybe you could help me find one like it?

All the best to you and yours Steve. You really have made my day.

Liad Bar-EL