Thank you, Leigh

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Still Trying, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    I’m not usually at a loss for words, so the feeling is a little strange to me. But if someone were to give you a gift as fine as an Eclipse trumpet, and there was nothing you could do to repay him, what would you say? I’m genuinely over whelmed and humbled, as I believe anyone would be, who was just presented an Eclipse trumpet as a gift. Saying thank you to Leigh falls so short of being adequate. And it also falls so short of expressing what I am feeling in my heart. I still can’t believe Leigh is just going to give me a custom, hand-built trumpet, and I know in my head it’s going to happen.

This is so not adequate. But thank you, Leigh, for being so generous with your time, your skill, your heart, and the products of your livelihood. I truly pray God’s blessings upon you and yours, not only with regards to your business success, but for peace in your soul and happiness in all areas of your life. I would also like to thank the judges of this contest. Thank you to Trumpet Master for starting the web site that resulted in this contest. Thank you, Paul, for moderating it. And I certainly thank God for the ideas, the theme, and the story, which developed into an entry the judges liked in this year’s contest. May Leigh’s success be such that the contest runs for many years to come.

I’m also sad for the folks, who didn’t win. If you wanted an Eclipse as badly as I did, I know how disappointed you must feel. I’m truly sorry. I would also like to say to Leigh that if you need to work on the trumpet for the man with two fingers before you start on mine, that’s OK with me. I’ll wait.

Thank you one more time.

Jesse Harbin (Still Trying)

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Congratulations ST!

3. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    That was an admirable post Jesse. I think you have just shown why you deserve to win.

Congratulations!!

4. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Congratulations!!

5. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Thankyou Jessie!

Your last statement alone makes me feel confident that Eclipse has chosen the correct winner.

And you better believe that you have won! I will not be able to start the horn for 10 days or so as some of your countryman are kidnapping me for a superbowl/beer session in Germany for a few days.

I hope that we can build the horn in the way that you hoped it would be!

Best Wishes to you, and congratulations

Leigh

6. Still Trying

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    I'm so excited, I'm about ready to pee on myself!!!!!

Folks, I'm at work right now, and I might as well go home. I'm so excited, I couldn't do anything productive, if the boss came in and wanted to know what all the shouting is about. Actually, he has caught me writing this note twice already. But when I told him about winning an Eclipse, I found out he used to play trumpet in high school.

Honestly, I never won anything before in my life, except a singing contest in Port Harcourt, Nigeria at a Japanese New Year's Eve party. But as Gabriel once said, "That's another story".

It's sure going to be tough to not sleep a wink until my new trumpet is delivered. And I understand Noel Langley is going to give it a test drive. Now how many trumpet players do you know who can point to their horn and say, "Noel Langley once played on this one". You might say, I'm pumped.

7. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Congratulations, Jesse!

I know that you'll really enjoy YOUR Eclipse! And, I know that you'll find a way to share it with all of us!

What a Blessing! :D

Best always,
    Bruce

8. lonelyangel

lonelyangel Pianissimo User

Nov 8, 2003
    London
    Hi Jesse - congratulations. Your joy at winning is infectious - I bet a lot of people have big smiles on their faces right now.

I want you to know that, despite the quality of all the entries, the judges were unanimous in picking out your entry. As you may know, lonelyangel is an anagram of my name and I've always thought of Gabriel as the lonely angel who had to spend endless eons of time practicing his trumpet in heaven - so your story really struck a chord with me.

Hope you can stand the wait. Noel.

9. Still Trying

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    Noel,

Thanks for choosing my entry. And thanks for testing my horn, when the time comes. I'll just have to adjust to the wait. I surely don't want Leigh to rush anything. As far as Leigh and the Super Bowl, if he hadn't already made plans, I'd have dug him up some tickets somehow. The game is being played less than an hour's drive from my home. Oh well, the beer is going to be a lot cheaper where he is.

Jesse

10. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Jesse, from one winner to another...way to go man! I really would have been happy with second prize being the way it was originally set up (well, after Leigh added it of course!) Buy then he had to go and throw that option in. Now I have a decision to make (well, not really...I just have to figure out a way to tell Mrs Toots! I think I used up a bunch of good will when I bought the Schilke).

Everybody came out of this a winner thanks to Leigh and TM and all of the entrants. Best wishes and again, congratulations.