Thank You Manny

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eclipsehornplayer, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Manny,

Gracias’ Mi Amigo. I speak Spanish better then I write it so I’ll stick with my native tongue. I wanted to do as so many others and just acknowledge the huge benefit that I derive from your willingness to share knowledge with the ‘rest of us’ out here.

I bought a Monette Mouthpiece after getting a deal that I could not pass up on it. I have an STC-1 B4S which I use with my 1966 King Silverflair. I watched a thread about the same time in which you discussed in great depth sticking with a mouthpiece. I must confess that without your advice I may have really missed out on the sound that I now produce. I have been playing a Bach 3C since Jr. High. I left the instrument for about 20 years, to coin Alex’s phrase “Life Happened†and now I’ve been back at it strong for the better part of a year.

When I first switched I had a heck of a time, double buzz, inconsistent tone, loss or register etc… I forced myself to stay with this mouthpiece trusting the words you had written. If it had not been for the dialogue that you had been involved in I would have switched back for sure. I now enjoy fairly consistent register Low F # through High C, striving for higher but hey for a 3thd trumpet player in a community band I’m happy! You should have seen the look on the faces of our 1st players when a nicely intonated high C came out of the 3thd section during warm ups. Ahhhh, that was a good day indeed! Of course our 1st players are able to play the octave above that so it’s small potatoes but few of the 2nds can play that high so maybe I’ll move up eh?

Well, here we are 3 months or so later and I love the B4S. I now have to try to first save for and then find an equivalent for my Coronet as now I find that if I play my coronet I am on a Bach 3C and don’t like the way I sound.

Anyway, Thank You! I hope this will mean something to you. I know that you receive many accolades from those of us out here that are not pros, and some of us that are! Being raised as I was by parents that taught me good values I just wanted to be sure to recognize you for the many gifts that you give to me.

I don’t know that we’ll ever meet, but if I ever get the chance I’d sure like to shake your hand. You’re an inspiration to us as are so many others that post on this board. It’s good to be part of such a special place.

Addios Mi Amigo, Lo Mas importante es al amore’; something that my Aunt Martha from Mexico taught me as a young child.

With kindest wishes for a Happy New Year to your and yours.
    John

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear John,

Yours is the first thread I've read bright and early this morning and it gratifies me to know that your successes have made you so happy. Bravo to you and your willingness to try something new!

If you think of it, why don't you send a little note to Dave at the shop? It would be very meaningful to him and he always appreciates a kind word from the people who invest in his equipment.

Always nice to hear from you,

ML

3. Eclipsehornplayer

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Manny,

This is the first Dear John Letter I've gotten in my life that I liked! :cool:

We'll do, I thought about sending something to them just didn't know weather or not it would matter. Best wishes to you.

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear John,

If you ever wind up at dave's shop, walk onto the recieving area and look at the wall opposite the sop's work area. There is a wall dedicated to letters and e-mails from all over the world praising Dave's work and also that of his workers who are second to none in the industry. Letters from Wynton are right up next to hobby players and students. There's even a drawing my daughter made of "Garfield" the cat playing his "new Monette trumpet". What can I say, she loves Garfield.

So, yeah, he and Tom Rainey read and appreciate all those bits of mail that come in. That's like applause is for us, isn't it?

ML

5. Eclipsehornplayer

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Didn't think of it quite that way Manny but I now see the light.....

Thanks again, I'm honored to have a venue in which I can interact with you and so many other people whom I hold in high regard.