Thanks to all the members who respond !!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by guitarsrmine, Nov 15, 2010.

1. guitarsrmine

guitarsrmine Piano User

Dec 29, 2008
    Franklin, Pa
    A huge thanks to everyone's input on my threads over the last 2 years(comeback!) All of your advice has been so helpful !! Ive not had many public appearences with my horn over the last 2 years since coming back, but ZIm working on it. Church here n there,a funeral, maybe a coffeehouse this week, a nursing home soon, etc. Unfortunately, the small area I live in doesnt have much in the way of community bands. The main one is a seasonal thing(spring and summer) so they are all finished up for awhile. But, Im still practicing everyday, working on my tone, range(low as well as high!!)tonguing,and flexibility. Im also hoping to work my horn in to my weekend rock band(Oh, how I hope it happens!!) We do a few select blues tunes that, if all works out, I can play some lead horn in.Once again, thanks to all who have given your input, and continued success to all of you !!!!!!!!!!:play::thumbsup:

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    where are you going? - sounds like your leaving the TM community.

3. guitarsrmine

guitarsrmine Piano User

Dec 29, 2008
    Franklin, Pa
    OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im no going anywhere. Just felt like thanking everyone who's advice has helped me on my comeback journey !!:thumbsup:

4. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon
    Guitarsrmine,

I just got a CD that you should hear for your rock/blues band. It's called The Alternate Blues, and features Dizzy, Clark Terry, and Freddie Hubbard all taking turns soloing over very traditional sounding blues numbers. One after the other these guys take their solos, and so you get a feel for each guy's interpretation of the song. Outstanding stuff. I'm also wanting to put a trumpet into a R&B band I'd like to put together.

Get it, you won't regret it!!!

Turtle

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    No brass music welcome at nursing home, excuse is that some patients are resting (and the staff prefers them to be that docile). Community bands ... here ... you've got a complaint where you are. The last Census reported a population of just 700 in Jackson NC as includes those in the nursing home, the assisted living facility, and all the other invalids (the latter as presently includes me). Although I've been invited to solo in three churches in town and one in a nearby community, y'all know I must presently decline these. The pastors have received my Christian and Christmas CDs.