Thanks to you Manny I had a great gig last night

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rick Chartrand, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Youre an incredible musician Manny. My little story from last night goes as follows. I was having a terrible time getting focused, and there was an unwanted minimal 'buzzing' in my tone.

I thought to myself 'God I dont need this...not tonight' and immidiatly thought of the post you made on being in the right state of mind. So I immidiatly went back in my mind to two weeks ago when I had a GREAT gig. I put myslef in that 'mind space.'

My notes just SANG and I needless to say had a great gig. I think technically what is happening here is that when you are in what I like to call 'the zone' your body, diaphram, embouchure subconsiously assumes the correct posture to put yo in the zone.

Anyway THANK YOU Manny! You are an incredible musician with incredible insights! :cool:

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    I'm glad I was able to be helpful for you, Rick. Now, you have at least two situations you can call upon for inspiration... the more you do that with success, the more success you'll have. Many happy returns!

ML