THANKYOU!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Jan 25, 2004.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    The contest as you are aware is now over!

No more entries will be accepted.

With 60 or so entries and almost 4500 views it has been a great success.

Regardless of what some people may believe, Eclipse do not need any further product awareness at this time. The contest is a way of giving something back to the very people who enable me to carry on doing what i love to do.

The contest will start all over again towards the end of this year, and again will be run in conjunction with Trumpetmaster.I hope that this will go to show that this really is pay back time!

The entries this year have been fantastic, and i salute everyone who had the guts to put their own thoughts and ideas out there for all to stare at.

The stories were also tremendous! a lot of reading for sure, but worth it.

I would like very much to thank Paul Nelson aka (horns of praise) for moderating fantastically and running it all very fairly, he deserves a words of thanks from all concerned.

And of course TM for generously backing this contest with his Website!
    It is for this reason that Eclipse have decide to keep their contests exclusively on this site in the future. (if you'll have us of course?)

I know everyone will be extremely eager to know the results, but as you can see many posts have been altered, many have been added in the last few days.
    Therefore you will have to be patient for a few days until we can sort through all the information and give you our results.
    As i have pointed out, i am not the only judge of the competition!

We will endeavor to get the results to you as fast as we can whilst making sure that we have chosen the best entry as far as we are concerned

Winners will be contacted shortly!!

I hope that you have had some fun with this contest? after all that is what it is all about at the end of the day.

I will get to have the most fun making the winning horn and maybe fixing some broken ones! (what more could i ask for?)

Best Wishes to all involved

Get ready for the next one!!!

Regards

Leigh

2. DrunkIQ

DrunkIQ Pianissimo User

Nov 21, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Leigh,

I know I had a blast!

I even got to use a torch!

I did learn that I should leave the solder work to the pro's... :)

TM - thanks for hosting a great contest and putting up a great site!

-marc

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    I would be honored to host the contest again! :D

Thank you Leigh for making this possible!

This has been a fantastic contest and I think everyone has had alot of fun with it!

4. trumpetpimp

trumpetpimp Piano User

Dec 6, 2003
    Toronto
    Tell me, Leigh... is the inspiration for this contest really just out of the goodness of your heart? It's incredibly generous of you. You've already been thanked many times but I'd like to thank you again. Even if I don't win, it's pretty exciting to think this is going to happen again next year(and the year after that?). It's even more exciting to hear that you plan on opening up the prizes to cornets, flugels, and C trumpets(I'm sure I saw you mention that somewhere). It sure is nice to see an interesting company grow and learn and expand their product line.

5. Annie

Annie Piano User

Nov 13, 2003
    Thank you for the contest! And...Happy Birthday!

6. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Leigh is always like this... I'm telling you the guy is a real trip to work with, and anybody who has can attest to that fact. I've never seen anyone do something so much and still love it. Even I have to take a break from practicing sometimes..
    -J

7. Bruce Lee

Bruce Lee Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Thanks, Leigh! And, Thank You, Paul, for moderating this contest! TM... you too, Man!

Jarrett is right on the money, when he's talking about Leigh. Leigh "gets it"! His observations of trumpet players are quite incredible. He listens, and he understands "us" extremely well. He uses that understanding to design and build the exceptionally fine line of Eclipse trumpets. Leigh is a very gifted individual, and we're fortunate that he's making such a great contribution to the trumpet world!

I'll borrow Trent Austin's Clark Terry quote: "Keep on keepin' on!"

Cheers, Leigh!

Bruce

8. trumpet

trumpet New Friend

Dec 30, 2003
    Maryland
    Thank you

Wow, it was incredible how many quality entries there were!
    Leigh IS extremely nice, I PM'ed him once to see if his factory could make my entry and his response was really caring and genuine.

9. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Leigh, thank you!

Thanks very much for giving everyone here the chance to win a horn, get one for half price, or get on overhauled. You're very generous.

Congratulations to whoever wins - there have been some great entries.

I look forward to seeing the finished custom horn.

Jack.

10. sopranogod

sopranogod New Friend

Jan 6, 2004
    We trumpeters are pretty lucky

I just have to say that these acts of kindness from Leigh and Eclipse really make you think good things about people in general. Even if Leigh does enjoy making and fixing trumpets a lot, imagine if more of us gave something that we enjoy to the world every once in a while. I think that the contest shows that the world doesn't stink and that good things can happen.

Thanks again everyone involved, and happy birthday, Leigh!

Jon Manness