That C below the staff

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Eeviac, Jan 13, 2008.

1. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

OK there's this note. that's a C that's below the staff, not way below, but just below and has a line through it, it seems really low to me, and I'm having a hell of a time playing it in tune, any advice anyone? :dontknow:

2. bachstrad72

bachstrad72 Pianissimo User

May 9, 2007
    Philly
    Relax your chops and don't blow so hard. That helped me through the same problem, though it is difficult to tell since we can't see you play. Can you make a video and post it on youtube?

3. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

Sorry no can do, the Internet is a print-only medium.

I can get it in tune, but it's a fleeting thing! And I'm wondering if I'm off by a some amount, like if I'm actually trying to play something wrong like I've transposed it without meaning to.

4. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

Wish I had the bux for lessons or at least one of those fancy lesson books that come with a DVD.

I might have to see if I can pawn something.....

5. brunets

brunets Pianissimo User

May 28, 2007
    Gatineau,QC
    Hi,

Before spending money, did you look at the free online lessons available on the internet ?

Are you able to sing the note ? Try to "hummm" it at the same height in the trumpet while playing the note. It will help to keep you relaxed.

St├ęphane

6. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

There are no free lessons on the internet that I know about...... I wish there were!

7. brunets

brunets Pianissimo User

May 28, 2007
    Gatineau,QC
    There are at least the ones from Nick Drozdoff :

Nick Drozdoff :: Home

However they may be a bit too advanced sometimes.

St├ęphane

8. brem

brem Mezzo Forte User

Sep 13, 2007
    Quebec City, QC, Canada
  9. Eeviac

Eeviac Piano User

That one on the Bolvin music site, about pedal tones, has the C on the staff down to the C that's kicking my butt, and that's what I want to make sure I'm doing right, so I can try playing along with this! And that should get me on the right track. (No trumpet after 9 around here).

Thanks I'll try it tomorrow!

10. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Just a thought... are all of your other notes in tune? it could be as simple as pulling out your slide. The easiest things are often overlooked.