THE 2006 ECLIPSE CONTEST

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Dec 30, 2005.

1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi everyone

I wanted to let you all know that i have not decided to abandon the contest.

I will be honest and tell you that this year has been unbelievable for Eclipse as a company and it has taken all of our time and attention towards production of our instruments.

The New Eclipse cornets were fully developed and finished to the point that we are about to fully launch, and the 4valve piccolo is still in development (in the final stages)

These factors meant that i had to hold off the contest for a while until i could pay it the attention it deserves.

I will post within the next couple of weeks with all the usual details of the contest and of course what the prize will be.

With our ongoing workload i do not know the possibility of having the winner over to England this time around as i like to spend a lot of time with them and that may not be possible, but as always the prize is worth having.

Better start getting your thinking caps on people.

Please remember, the contest is for fun! yes there is a prize but it is about having fun and enjoying the entries of the brave souls who dare to enter.

I hope that we have many more entries this year, maybe folks have started to realise that we really do give the horns away! :D

Best Wishes to all of you and your families for the New Year

Leigh

2. Kevin Hilman

Kevin Hilman Pianissimo User

Jan 24, 2005
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I'm chomping at the bit Leigh! The work you do is beautiful and I look forward to throwing my hat into the ring!

Kevin

3. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    First off..Congrats to Lara "Silverstar" for winning the last one. All entrants have had alot of time to prepare for the new years contest. So good luck to everyone and may the best man or women win. :grouphug:

4. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Thanks Kevin

Please do have a go.

The only way to have a chance of winning is to be in it!

I am hoping for a good turn out this year, i do understand and appreciate the hard work that goes into the entries, but i am greedy and would like a lot more this time around.

The prize is always cool and one of a kind.

Regards

Leigh

5. tpter1

tpter1 Forte User

Jan 12, 2005
    Northern New York
    Looking forward to it!!! I had a lot of fun last year reading and seeing everyone elses' entries and creating my own.

Maybe Lara can provide a few tips? :D

Is it just me or has Leigh begun his torment a bit already? :lol:

6. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    I can't wait to see all the entries this year! It's going to be a blast! Whoever is the lucky winner, will be in for a treat, no matter the prize!

Good luck everyone!

Lara

7. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Lara!!!

What happened to your beautiful avatars??????

-cw-

8. PhatmonB6

PhatmonB6 Mezzo Piano User

Jan 16, 2005
    Minnesota
    I think that is supposed to ber anime Lara. :-)

9. BradHarrison

BradHarrison Pianissimo User

Oct 31, 2005
    Toronto, Canada
    When can we expect more info(rules, timeline, etc), Leigh?

10. eclipse trumpets

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Brad

As i posted i will sort the whole thing out within the next 2 weeks or so, but i can give you all a kind of clue right now if you like as to the requirements this year.
    It will not help you to have any advantage though over anyone else i'm afraid.

Regards

Leigh