The Amigos' Trumpet Trio!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by amigomatt, Feb 21, 2011.

1. amigomatt

amigomatt New Friend

Dec 10, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Hi guys,

Just posted up some footage of my trumpet trio, The Amigos' Trumpet Trio, playing some of our arrangements out on the streets of York, UK. We got together during music college in 1998, initially carving our niche by busking and street entertaining throughout England during our summer and Xmas holidays. We used to get loads of work from it, including playing at the 2002 ITG Conference (sharing the stage with Boston Brass), playing at Bryn Terfel's Faenol festival and recital at the BBC Welsh Proms, but we stopped playing together officially about 4 or 5 years ago due to other work commitments. We still have found the occaisional time to get together and razz through the old tunes. This was filmed last summer, and it’s amazing how quickly the notes come back to you, even when you haven’t played the stuff for years! Enjoy!

Overture to The Barber of Seville
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69JV0IMXXKM

Last 3 tunes of the set - O Sole Mio, O When the Saints' and the Overture to William Tell
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oW5lQt3kvA

Anton Reicha's Horn Trio No.2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lUdTUC4jMo

Regards to all,

Matt Burke

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. The Dutch Guy

The Dutch Guy Piano User

Sep 22, 2008
    Netherlands
    Very nice!
    I wish I could get 2 good trumpet players around my age somewhere near where I live to do the same thing :)

3. MVF

MVF Pianissimo User

Sep 10, 2010
    SoCal
    Very cool! Thanks for posting.

4. trumpetup

trumpetup Piano User

Jan 12, 2009
    Godley, Texas
    Wow great job! That looks like so much fun. Just the experience and meeting so many people would be rewarding.
    Good Luck,
    Bobby

5. amigomatt

amigomatt New Friend

Dec 10, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks for your comment, Dutch Guy. I feel lucky that I have had two great friends (who are also brilliant trumpet players) to work with! Hope you find some suitable trumpet friends in the future!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it!

That was one of the greatest aspects of doing that part of things - meeting people. Also, it's amazing how many influential people see you too when you put yourself out on the street!

6. Alasdair

Alasdair New Friend

Dec 21, 2010
    Lowther Hills, Scotland
    That was great, thanks for sharing :)

7. amigomatt

amigomatt New Friend

Dec 10, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Thank you, Alasdair. Glad you enjoyed it!

8. jake g

jake g Pianissimo User

Nov 12, 2009
    Great Great Job. It was a nice break in the middle of my work day to hear some great trumpet playing by 3 great trumpet players. Good luck in the future and keep playing.

9. amigomatt

amigomatt New Friend

Dec 10, 2008
    Manchester, UK
    Thanks Jake!

10. kcmt01

kcmt01 Mezzo Forte User

Sep 25, 2009
    Polson, MT
    How fun!