The Art of Baroque Trumpet Playing

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by brian moon, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Thanks for the info. I'll remember this.

Glad to hear about the print. You're not the only baby boomer here in TM. :D

Now, next time you respond to me, could you increase the size of your letters a bit?

Liad Bar-EL

2. brian moon

brian moon Forte User

We can't control the fonts any more can we?

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    You have to know the codes.

4. Rgale

Rgale Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2005
    These books are very good. They are really the Arban's of the natural/barpque trumpet.
    They, and Michael Laird's book, are all you need for exercises, IMO.

Then just play the literature. Really pretty simple, but the practice is the hard work. That and getting paid.

5. johnnyd45502

johnnyd45502 New Friend

Apr 15, 2008
    My trumpet teacher, Robert' Bahb' Civiletti is te worlds leading Baroque trumpet player. You need to get his new CD. Go to TCE-studio.com to find it.
    JohnD

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    How can ANYBODY make a claim like this?. He MAY be "one" of the best, but the competition with Eklund, Cassone, Madeuf, Immer, Friederich, Laird is VERY stiff. I don't think at the top anyone is blowing anybody away!

7. johnnyd45502

johnnyd45502 New Friend

Apr 15, 2008
    I realize there many great players but he has recorded concerti other players will not record or perform in public on the Natural trumpet.
    M Haydn- D major concerto,
    F Querfurth- Eflat concerto,
    G Reutter II- Cmajor concerto,
    F X Richter- Dmajor concerto,
    J Riepel- D major concerto,
    This is a very demanding instrument that takes years to master and I look up to all the great players.
    JohnD

8. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Eklund can play anything. If you look up to all the great players it's a little tacky to come on here and tell us your teacher is the leading baroque trumpet player.

9. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Johnny, you need to research this better. Niklas Eklund has EXCELLENT recordings and a fabulous concert schedule with this tough stuff. Gabriele Cassone too. Ed Tarr recorded the Richter AGES ago. Don't take my post as criticism of Bahb, but a nudge for you to expand your horizons!

10. Rgale

Rgale Mezzo Forte User

Jun 16, 2005
    A good example is the clip that was on the ITG board of Cassone playing the Brandenburg
    #2 . He makes it look like it's easy. And I did ask other members here if that was for real and Ed Carroll had seen him do that piece live, just as on the recording.
    There are several players in Europe and America who can do the most demanding literature there is and do it well , live. I just wish I were one of them.