The best hurricane story of the year!

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by bandman, Nov 19, 2005.

1. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    Here is a great story. I would not believe it but it came from my brother who actually knows the guy and he said it actually happened.

A Long Beach, Mississippi man who lived a block from the beach kept his large offshore fishing boat on a trailer parked at his house. The boat was tied down at the bow of the hull. At the rear of the boat there were large seatbelt type tie downs to hold it to the trailer so it would not bounce as they drove down the road.

When the tidal surge from Hurricane Katrina ravaged the Gulf Coast of Mississippi the boat and trailer were swept away, never to be seen again………. But…………

Several weeks later the man received a phone call. “Sir, we have your boat and trailer. Both are in good condition. Would you like to make arrangements to come pick them up?â€

The excited gentleman from Long Beach responded, “give me your address and I’ll come get it right now.†The man who found the boat told him “That would be great. There’s only one problem. We live in Texas!!!â€

It seems that the boat was swept out to sea in the back surge from Katrina and it floated around the Gulf of Mexico for a couple weeks before being dropped on shore in Texas by Hurricane Rita. The boat was still strapped to the trailer and it stayed afloat until winds pushed it back ashore 500 miles away.

The boat and owner have been happily reunited and are currently living in Long Beach, Mississippi. The man now lives in a FEMA trailer because he lost every possession he owned …….. That is with the exception his boat which is nw named the “Rita-Katrinaâ€.

2. John Mohan

John Mohan Pianissimo User

Aug 11, 2004
    Chicago
    Fantastic story! Hope it's true.

JM

3. bandman

bandman Forte User

Oct 16, 2004
    Lafayette, LA, USA
    I've been checking for this on www.snopes.com (the urban legend page). As much as I want to believe this story, I Emailed them to ask if they knew anything about it. So far I have no response, and the story is not posted on their page for any type of verification

4. Rick Chartrand

Rick Chartrand Piano User

Nov 22, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    God works in mysterious ways Bandman. The older I get the more I see a patern or almost a 'story' to my life.