The best part about the internet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Manny Laureano, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Someone once said that the best thing about the 'net is that you can find anything on it. The same was said in reference to the worst part about it.

However, it is a rather amazing quality that you can find just about anything you can think up. Yesterday, I was carrying on a conversation with JackD and I was practicing between responses. I was in a room where my metronome wasn't handy. I was set to get out of my chair and go grab mine from anther room when I thought, "Hmm... I wonder...". For a lark, I googled up "online metronome".

You know what I got, right?

http://www.metronomeonline.com/

Unbelievable!

So, there I was, practicing my favorite drills and carrying on a conversation with a friend 5,000 miles away with a metronome coming from the same communication medium.

What a world... .

ML

2. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003
    Oh wow.................What you can find, there is no end. Tonight, try this I must.

(That 440 A is a bit lame, though. It sounds like an oboe with a bad reed)

:bleah:

3. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    There is a different kind of oboe?

re: Metronome: All it really needs is an option to "flash" the computer screen in time so that you don't have to listen for the rather weak "clicker".

4. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    Haven't checked... but is there cyber conductor site???

It would be nice to say I've played under Arturo Toscanini...

"Ahhhh, yes I look young for my age..."

I can see it now...

Click here to choose CONDUCTOR
    Click here to choose WORK
    Click here to choose ORCHESTRA TO PLAY ALONG WITH

Click here to take a BREAK!!!

5. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    I found one a while back that was nice, even had a bunch of different percussion options. I'll find it when I get home and post the info.

Greg

6. Mikey

Mikey Forte User

Oct 24, 2003

And click *here* to get an imediate 50% pay bump for doubling on flugel.......

:-P

7. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    *CLICK* *CLICK* *CLICK* *CLICK* *CLICK*

Dang! It isn't working. Oh well, I don't get paid for playing now so double the pay doesn't mean much. :D

8. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Haha, that's awesome.

9. ROGERIO

ROGERIO Mezzo Forte User

Sep 30, 2004
    PHOENIX, AZ
    TOOTSALL,
    I second that comment... the one about pay... and you know, I kinda like it that way... don't you?.... I think if anyone complained (to my face) I'd offer a 100% refund. :shock:

Mikey,
    I wonder if that would fly here at work....
    "oh, you need me to use a calculator? Oh, that will be an extra 25 cents an hour, Microsoft Excel $5 more an hour, PowePoint another $4, what ACCESS... oh that will be another $8 an hour... CRYSTAL is a additional $8...." etc... etc...

But then I'd hear... "Our IT department tells us you spent 3 hours on that Trumpet Master site today and we will be deducting 3 hours from your pay!" :twisted:

OUCH :oops:

10. FlugelFlyer

FlugelFlyer Piano User

Dec 15, 2003
    Palos Park, IL
    Right now, my usual gigs consist of me and a free drum machine I downloaded off the internet. I've never tried Haydn with a jungle beat. :bleah: