The Body Resonant

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by c.nelson, Jul 18, 2007.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Do you all know how sonar works? Low frequency waves moving through fluids. This guy's head was probably quite resonant!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  2. c.nelson

c.nelson Pianissimo User

Apr 13, 2007
    Alberton, Montana USA
    Come on now,how many great musicians and composers would pass the "normal social functioning"part?;-)

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    That's what multiphonics are for. By using big words we can fool folks. ;-)

4. c.nelson

c.nelson Pianissimo User

Apr 13, 2007
    Alberton, Montana USA
    (hehehe)

YUP!

5. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Just spent a few fun minutes seeing what "body resonance" pulled up on the most popular search engine. Our adult body resonance lies between 3.5 and 5 hz. It would appear that some good money is to be made "tuning" people's body resonances for them:

http://www.bodyresonance.org/workshops.html and
    http://www.massagetherapy.com/articles/index.php/article_id/94.

Maybe there is something theraputic in multiphonics after all. I do know that it makes for a great warm down, playing a low g or pedal c and singing along: creating beats in the 3.5-5hz range might make me a happier person too. Heck, how about if everyone tries it, and if it makes you feel good, send me some money!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2007
  6. Jim Wilson

Jim Wilson New Friend

Mar 14, 2006
    rowuk wrote:

"The amplitude of our vibrating lips without the trumpets amplification would probably snot be significant."

This is no doubt true as would the case of the trumpet player trying to use "head resonance" by trying to play through his nose - that would definitely snot be good.

Jim

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Ever notice how hard it is to play when the sinuses are filled up with low resonance goo? When the ears do not cooperate, the circle of trumpet life gets broken!

8. Vulgano Brother

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I can't ever remember stuff ever shooting out my nose while playing with a cold. (I've shot stuff into my ears [which does indeed make my trumpet seem to sound ugly] but never out my nose. ) Any reasons why?

9. Miyot

Miyot Pianissimo User

Jul 22, 2007
    All this talk about resonance and amplitude, and projection and such could be dangerous. Some whales can kill with sound. If some trumpet player could learn this, well enough said.

10. Miyot

Miyot Pianissimo User

Jul 22, 2007
    Miyot had the hum, resonance riding on the amplitude of the sea. Just testing to see if my picture of Miyot comes up