The Brassmaster - David Williams

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Trumpet Dreamer, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    be very careful with dealing with internet repair people. I sent a prized Mt. Vernon m.p. to a person to be re-plaed. I figured you couldn't hurt a m.p., boy was I wrong. The guy over buffed the m.p. and the thing wobbled around in the receiver and the cup was larger. I will only deal with the techs that I know personally or those that post and have a good rep on these two forums.

2. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    amen!!!!!!!!

3. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Truth be told you really do get what you pay for when it comes to world-class techs. Jim Becker, Dr. Valve, Mark Metzler, Tom Green, Charlie Melk, Josh Landress all come to mind as some of the finest in the biz!

4. Trumpet Dreamer

Trumpet Dreamer Mezzo Forte User

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    I guess the real question I should have asked is this...Is there any single soul within the trumpetland universe who has had a positive experience with David Williams, aka, The Brassmaster?

5. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Harrelson will take a looooong time too! I orderd a trimkit in february 2009 and was told a two weeks delivery time! But it only took to december 2009!
    If I remember right, forrest can say a thing or two about Harrelson too:-)

6. Trumpet Dreamer

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    Trent - Are any of these associated with Anderson Plating?

7. jbkirby

jbkirby Forte User

Sep 10, 2009
    Dothan, Alabama
    Yes, a fella with whom I played in community band was pleased with the refinishing done on his horn by David Williams.

8. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    TD,

I know Mark Metzler has worked with Andersons. At least he did with my old Conn Cornet valve work. Pretty sure he sends his silver and gold work there after his pre-plating prep too.

Brian

9. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    There are reasons that we recommend these people, please check out anyone yu are going to trust your tools too!

10. Trumpet Dreamer

Aug 14, 2010
    Jazz Town, USA
    This has been a learning experience for sure. I thought the Ebay feedback, in addition to photos of Williams work, plus my phone conversations would be enough to make a decision on.

Update: Just got a call from Mrs. Williams. I now have a FEDEX tracking number and my caps / buttons will be here the 29th. I'll report on the quality when they get here.
    Hoping for a happy ending to this one.