The Cadets won?!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Double_G, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Double_G

Double_G Pianissimo User

May 4, 2005
    Gordonsville, TN
    How is that possible. Plus they tied the the highest score possible. Frameworks by the Cavaliers in '02 was the best show EVER. Period. And to say that "The Zone" was that good blows my mind. Just a little rant.

2. trumpet blower88

trumpet blower88 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 15, 2005
    Flagstaff, AZ
    I've always like the shows the Cadets have done in the last few years, but I do have to say I was a litle dissapointed this year. However, the show is not what wins you a high score, it's the performance that gets you the score. Blue Devils had the best show this season in my opinion, but they didn't perform as well as Cadets, Cavies, and Phantom. So in my opinion I don't think "the show that they do" really matters, its all about how well it's played and marched.

:EDIT:
    By the way, I think The Cadets deserved the championship even though I wasn't a fan of the show.

3. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Yeah, I was personally kinda hoping Phantom would take it, or maybe a miraculous Madison win (still, they got what, 5th?). But I agree, the execution was the winner of the year, and not only execution, but complete execution. They took every caption. That's incredible. Yeah, as far as shows go it wasn't great, but when they march it THAT good, it's hard to beat. But I'm glad after the 2000 ripoff that they got one.

4. silverstar

silverstar Mezzo Forte User

Jan 6, 2005
    I was hoping for Phantom to win. I was surprised that Madison didn't get a higher score.

Lara

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    I saw "The Zone" when they performed out my way and I think that a lot of what got them the title was that the show was just so different from anything else on the field. that big door with the girls wandering around - it was strange, but it really worked in its own strange way.

I thought that they performed very well when I saw them, but I'm in no way, shape or form qualified to judge which show was actually better. In my mind, the night I went, Carolina Crown marched probably the cleanest show, but they weren't as exciting as some of the other shows there, Cadets being just one of them.