THE CONTEST PRIZE !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Horns' started by eclipse trumpets, Jan 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Geeze you lot must think i am made of trumpets!

Okay here goes for those with any interest!

Firstly let me say that due to the nature of the prize, we will of course have an end date of the contest but the prize winner will have to be notified of when the prize will be given out as we have to plan this all a lot more this time round. (All will become clear now)

We are not yet posting what you have to do to win as we have things still left to do on that side of things but it will be coming soon enough, and it will give you all time to sweat over the prize a bit (coz i am evil :twisted: )

This year there will be only one winner!

THE PRIZE !!!!!!!!

1. The winner of the 2005 Eclipse/Trumpetmaster contest will be able to choose any one of our products that we manufacture.

Either:-

One of our ML Bb trumpet models (at least 7 bell types to choose from)
    Or
    One of 3 bell type flugel horns
    Or
    One of 2 bell type C trumpets
    Or
    An Equinox trumpet

We may well have our Eclipse LB Cornet in full production by the time the winner is chosen and picks an instrument, but at this time the above list is valid.

2. I would also like the winner to choose any finish they like for this instrument (including 24 kt gold)

3. I have also thought that the winner may well like to choose some custom options!!
    ie :- some fancy bracing here or there or maybe a leadpipe change on the Bb's for more or less resistance?

This does cause problems though as naturally the winner would not be able to try these out at the workshop during the build process to see if they would like the difference or not, SO I HAVE DECIDED THAT THEY WILL BE AT THE WORKSHOP!

4. I am flying the winner from wherever they may be in the world to Visit Eclipse in England for one week while we hand build your prize in front of you.
    5.A hotel for a week will be included of course! unless you like the workshop so much that you want to sleep on the workbenches :D

6. At least a couple of the days can be spent in London sightseeing if the winner so wishes? (On your own though as i have already seen the big thing with the clock, and that place that lady lives with the nice golden hat! :D )
    7. On one evening you will have the misfortune of my company when we go into London to see the top London West End Musical "The Producers"

We are very fortunate to have the lead trumpet player playing Eclipse(Noel Langley), so you will be able to hear for yourself just what the horns can do when a top pro pushes them, and at the same time watch a fantastic show. (ive seen it already its brilliant)

So that is about it people.

I will add that if a UK based winner is picked then the air travel is not usually an option, but we will surely find a nice way to get our winner to us.
    The timing of the prize as you can imagine will need to be worked out between Eclipse and the winner to get holidays and our work schedule together at the right times, so the winner may not be here to collect the prize even into the summer but we will try and do the best we can.
    Eclipse are moving workshops soon to a slighty bigger and nicer place and taking on more members of staff to cope with our workload.
    With this in mind we would like to get established in our new workshop before the winner comes over. (this is all understandable i hope)

I would like to point out to a certain few people (not many) that i do this to give something back to the trumpet community.
    I do not have to do this for advertising purposes! that maybe could have been said in the first year, but certainly not in its third.

Trumpet players buy my work and allow me to carry on my working life doing something that i truly love to do, not many folks have that chance and i for one appreciate the opportunity to be able to.

Look out for the contest requirements over the next couple of weeks while i fine tune em okay!

I wish you all the best of luck and hope that many people enter this contest, as only if the interest is there can we continue to do this.

Best Wishes for the New Year to you all!

Leigh

Eclipsetrumpets.com

2. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Leigh - that is an awesome prize!

To you guys across the pond who have never been to this little town, it's a great place. There's so much to do, and so many amazing players to see - not to mention that nearby trumpet factory! 'The Producers' is absolutely the hottest ticket in town at the moment too - people are falling over themselves to see this show.

You're ridiculously generous Leigh!

Oh, and good luck to everyone :-)

Cheers,

Jack.

3. MUSICandCHARACTER

MUSICandCHARACTER Forte User

Jan 31, 2004
    Newburgh, Indiana
    :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop: :woop:

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

and Holy Cow!

Jim

4. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    So now you all have to wait for Leigh to "drop the other shoe on the floor" and tell you what you have to do to enter the contest! (And then suffer through his inevitable teasing when it comes time to reveal the winner).

Get your thinking-caps on!

(Leigh, you might want to post pictures of the past prizes....just to "whet their collective appetites").

FEEDING FRENZY!!!

5. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:shock:

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    And (if I may), last year's second prize.... 1/2 price.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah... even his "stockers" are works of art.

7. Still Trying

Still Trying Pianissimo User

Nov 23, 2003
    Lake Jackson, TX USA
    I'm just wondering, Leigh, since your prizes increase in magnificence every year, what's left for next year? One of everything you make?

And by the way, Leigh-old pal, bosum buddy, friend, etc., as you know my collection of Eclipse trumpets is quite meager-just one horn in the collection. Are old winners going to be able to defend their titles like at Wimbledon and the Super Bowl? Of course I suppose if someone won twice, he'd have to run and hide for his life from the rest of the trumpet playing community. There would no doubt be a bounty on his head within 24 hours. And I can't say it wouldn't be deserved.

Oh well, I can unreservedly proclaim to whomever is fortunate enough to win the contest this year, you are in for the treat of your life the first time you play through your new Eclipse and listen to the beauty coming out of the bell. Leigh makes the finest trumpets on the planet. The vacation in England will be wonderful, but fleeting. Playing your new Eclipse will be a pleasure that lasts and lasts. After last year I wish everybody could win. The simple truth is, I win all over again every time I play my horn. And so will the new winner.

8. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Well put, Jesse.

9. dcstep

dcstep Mezzo Piano User

Nov 27, 2003
    Denver
    Nice prize(s) Leigh. Thanks for continually giving back to the trumpet community.

Sounds like you've given up on the idea of moving to the USA; otherwise you wouldn't have the budget for such generous prizes.

Looking forward to the contest parameters...

Dave

BTW, I still plan to buy a yellow-brass flugel, as soon as my budget allows (hopefully before year end).

10. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    hey what about if we can't go to the UK for awhile?
    Edit:
    what is the actual contest involving? playing? writing (music)? theory?
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.