The day after Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by B15M, Nov 26, 2006.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I went to my brothers house for Thanksgiving near Boston so, on Friday I decided to do my own thing.
    I first went to Charlie Schlueter's house for a lesson. I always go with a list of questions a mile long.
    He took some time with me and answered them all.

Here is a tip for free that I paid for. "Most problems can be linked back to air"

After the lesson I went to Trent Austin's house to try trumpets.
    I knew I was keeping Trent, and my wife was waiting at the Mall but I couldn't stop.

I played his trumpets and then mine and had him play mine and listened and had him play his.
    It is nice to have another player at the dealer. He can listen and so can you.

As soon as I finished with Trent I called my wife and told her that I was on my way.
    I know it's dangerous to leave her and my daughter in the mall too long.

2. TrentAustin

TrentAustin Fortissimo User

Oct 28, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It was a pleasure to hear you play up here in Salem. You have some absolutely amazing instruments (and sound great on them) and I was so happy to hear them in my little studio. I just hope I didn't cause permanent hearing loss when I was "letting it rip". That room gets pretty loud quickly!

Take care and hope your wife didn't cause too much damage ;) on the credit cards!

Best,

T

3. beartrumpet74

beartrumpet74 Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2006
    sounds like a cool hang, I love doing that kind of thing
    Peace
    Matt

4. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston

And not tapping your left foot

5. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I don't understand

6. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    One of the things Charlie would always stress was tapping your left foot. Lessons were a steady stream of use more air, tap your left foot and think of the end of the note. Maybe he's gotten away from the tapping...

-Jimi

7. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I didn't know you were a student of Charlie.
    He has students that are making a living playing so his teachings must do something. I know he has helped me!

Next time I'm in Minneapolis I'll come by your place and you can teach me how to beat my right foot.

8. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    How much did these 8 words cost you?:-)

As I was reading your story, I was almost expecting to read that you had better leave (go pick up your wife) before you yourself broke the bank account with buying another horn.:D

Liad Bar-EL

9. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    It took him about a minute to tell me so I would say aprox. $1.33 Give or take. The question is: what are those words worth?

10. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit

Hummm Charlie Schluter said them to you in person at a lesson...

Can you say PRICELESS! That's what I'm thinking.