The Design Of the Trumpet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Hitman0042, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    you're joking right? three out of four of the people you listed are moderators!!!!! could it ever have occured to you that everyone that has a problem with hitman has a problem because there IS a problem?! we're not all crazy dude, at least that's what my shrink tells me...

criminy, HE'S THE ONLY POSTER ON THIS THREAD WITH NEGATIVE REPUTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Surely that must say something.

2. mrmusicnotes

mrmusicnotes Piano User

Nov 11, 2007
    N.Y.C.
    JRFIII,Reading your post I would bet you are a "MAN" with considerable compassion for others.I have commented myself on previous posts on such hurtful criticism,not as eloquently as yourself,But the best I knew how. Thanks Again

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Jim
    thank you for this post. I agree that my words have been very critical. I will contend that criticism may not be politically correct, but I consider PC to be the lowest common denominator and in my opinion leads to nothing. An open mind is not proven by stroking the ridiculous.

Maybe I am not tuned in, but I feel that there is a difference between a chat room and forum. Many of Hitmans posts would be just fine in a chat room. The permanence of a forum puts poorly thought through posts in another light - at least in my book. We have both possibilities here.

This is an open internet forum and we all are open to criticism for everything that we post. If it becomes slanderous, I have a responsibility in the general trumpet forum to "moderate". I take that responsibility very seriously as censorship would be very improper.

I feel it is not out of place for you to express your opinion, Hitman his or anybody else theirs. It is important for Hitman to understand what type of reaction his style of post causes. There has been nothing elitist about our criticism. Many times in life you do NOT get a second chance because nobody tells you where you have messed up. Branding straightforward criticism as loud, close minded or ignorant shows a basic difference in our assessment of the situation. If we really didn't care, we would just ignore the source and delete the threads. I will stop here as a discourse about passing on values to the younger generation does not fit in this thread. It is something that belongs in the lounge.
    In any case any poster can learn a lot just by browsing on topics of interest. Once some basic research attempt has been made, the quality of posts goes up because true ignorance is replaced with knowledge. For those that choose to post like in a chat room, I will maintain that freedom of speech is a two way street.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.