The difference between a pro trumpet player and an amateur?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by mike ansberry, Apr 16, 2013.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    :lol:ROFL;-)

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Not a very fair rule if your day gig is being a physician. How about "if you spend more than 50% of your weekly activity in that profession"... then in that case I would meet the definition. However, my day gig as a physician does withdrawal federal contribution for taxes while my night gig as a musician does not. So my payment to the IRS is actually more related to my musical performances, so by this criteria as well... the pro-definition is met.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Totally understand. By the way, I forwarded your above post over to the New York State IRS office to let them know that they do not have to worry about auditing you or your family. Just wanted to give you this piece of mind.

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Once again... another forward to the New York IRS State Offices. Just to make sure you don't have to worry about digesting your meals. Burrrrrrrppppp!!!!!

5. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    so very cool -- but I assure people they don't have to worry about the IRS ----- eventually they have caught up to me (on occasions where I have not reported some simple things like stock dividends, or even some other simple thing like interest from the savings account) --- I AM REFORMED NOW. that was decades ago, when I put property, and accounts into "corporations" that are utimate loopholes. However when closing those corporations, it is much harder to HIDE dividends. Back then the IRS once charged me $35.00 dollars on untaxed dividends from a "defunct" corporation. I might tell people, that I was the President, Vice President, and chief shareholder of a LEGAL CORPORATION in Delaware with property in New York State. Yeah, I LOVE AMERICA!!!!!! and the 35 bucks??? apparently that is all the EXTRA money they could find that I owed --- and it took them 3 years to catch up with me anyhow!!!! I PAID THE IRS -- and we are FARE AND SQUARE with each other now!!! and YES, it was all LEGAL!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ----- but at least NOW, I am reformed!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

I am a professional -- because I don't have to worry about hitting a Double High C ----- I can play one
    I am a professional --- because I can play songs written in Cb, but it is only because of those woodwind players who failed and became composers that we have Cb compositions anyhow.
    I am a professional --- the other day at band practice, the senior saxophone player held the door for me ---- I "thanked him, saying, "now you know the proper use of a woodwind player!!! " doorman!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013