The essence of my teaching.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rowuk, Jun 25, 2011.

1. BrotherBACH

BrotherBACH Piano User

Oct 5, 2010
    It is a great sentinment! I want to buried with my mouthpiece, ready to play on the otherside.

BrotherBACH

2. Sterling

Sterling Mezzo Forte User

Oct 22, 2007
    Marcellus, NY
    OK Robin, in the name of science I'll try a nice Chardonnay with chocolate. A good Cabernet or zinfandel is a nice foil for dark chocolate. Thanks for giving me new gustatory pairings!

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    OH MY!! -- I am not even doing that now -- the safety part, and not the attractive well preserved body either --mmmmmmmm does seem like I am sliding sideways somedays -- and at 46, that might not be a good thing to start at the moment .mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I guess wine and chocolate is the only thing left --------Oh, wait a minute -- I better first scream WOO-HOO ........darn that hurt my throatROFL

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    To keep with rules, I would suggest a Porto Late Bottle Vintage, with chocolate.

But rules are made to be broken…

5. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    So the next time someone ask what is the secret to play high notes... wine and chocolate power slides !

6. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    That is the recipe for your LAST high notes...........................

7. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    There is more behind my first post than a laugh. Playing like every note could be your legacy is a very important part of my teaching. It makes you THINK about the value that each note could have and encourages playing with wild abandon.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    When you have enough wine, who the hell cares what color the chocolate really is? The point is play the horn well, put it in the case, and celebrate with a favorite ferminted beverage and confection of your choice. You've EARNED IT!

We are born, we die, the key to enjoying, truly enjoying LIFE, is what goes on in between. And I, like rowuk, plan on going out with a smile etched onto my corpse, as I have been bad, oh, I have been very bad, and as a result, I love life, and I EARNED IT! So much so that I chose a career to enhance (and hopefully expand) the life of others.

9. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    "There is more behind my first post than a laugh. Playing like every note could be your legacy is a very important part of my teaching. It makes you THINK about the value that each note could have and encourages playing with wild abandon."
    Very important development, Rowuk : in most of your posts you appear as THE reference (so necessary for us) for all technical issues. This one is very important, and that makes us feel better.

10. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by me :
    I love you philosophy of life…
    End quote.

And also your philosophy of music !