The essence of my teaching.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by rowuk, Jun 25, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Mssr Dupac,
    I am not any reference. I type nothing new or spectacular. There is just a big collection of bits from all over the world in my head, most all of them tried out on real human beings.

The community at TM makes it easy to offer all of this stuff in an entertaining way.

The first step is to think about what is the REAL issue at hand (not the symptom) and then if sensible, a suitable reply - not to spoonfeed, rather to plant a seed. The only solutions that work, are the ones really tried. To get someone to do new things is probably the toughest job that a teacher has.

I just got back from a rehearsal playing Shostakovitch 1. Symphony, Russian Chocolate, "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  3. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    So true !
    More than 40 years behind me teaching mathematics… Two or three months ago, I met one of my former students, now something like 35 years old. She recognized me (!), and said "I never has been good in mathematics, but I remember you made me believe in myself instead of shut myself up in my mistakes". What could I expect more rewarding ?

4. schleiman

schleiman Piano User

May 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Personally I'd prefer a nice Pinot Noir to send me off to eternal sleep, but I concur with your sentiment whole-heartedly! Carpe Diem!

5. schleiman

schleiman Piano User

May 12, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Oh what a can of worms you've opened with that statement! ;) I LOVE a good Sauternes with chocolate, late harvest German Rieslings also do it justice...especially white chocolate with some kind of tree nut in it, maybe almonds or pine nuts..mmmmmmmm