The First Edition of My Latest Book Is Out

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Apr 30, 2010.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

My new book, How To Practice; The Drozdoff System, is a kinder gentler approach to the development of advanced trumpet techniques. This is the culmination of over 40 years of study, practice and practical experience. The ideas reflect things that I have learned from many teachers as well as many professional trumpeters ranging from Mayanrd Ferguson to Adolph Herseth. I've hybridized ideas I learned from so called "road rat" trumpeters, hardened by the need to be able to bring the neat night after night after countless hours on a bus with ideas I have developed as a musician/physicist in an effort to use practical scientific ideas to solve my problems as a musician.

Included in the book are detailed descriptions of my practice routines, musical sketches of my routines, two new approaches to developing what I am calling my altissimo embouchure, and the text printouts of two powerpoint presentations I use in clinics ("Maximizing Your Practice Time" and "Extreme Trumpet Playing"). You should note that the long tones (8-8-16's) and Singing Exercises are included. You don't need to order those separately.

The concepts here are spelled out in extreme detail. The companion video will have many short clear live demos of the ideas presented in word. It will be available in a couple of weeks.

Both the book and the video are favorably priced in an effort to reach out to college and high school students who are operating on a limited income. Also, in the age of copiers, scanners and mass distribution possibilities over the internet, I want to keep the price low enough so that there is no perceived need to scan it and give it to your friends without paying for the extra copies.

So with all of this in mind, the book is being sold on a per liscense basis. You pay for the book and it is delivered electronically as a PDF directly to you as an email attachment or via Yousendit.com. If you pay one time price, you get the book. If you have five friends you want to have the book, pay for the right to give it in any form to five friends. Your friends do NOT have the right to redistribute it in any way. Only one PDF will be "delivered" via email to you. You then have the right to how ever many copies you want to redistribute either as hard copies OR electronically.

"Bulk Orders" are available. Again, you will only have one copy delivered by email, but you'll have the right to send it to 10 friends and or students.

I hope you'll see the value and simply do the right thing.

The video will also be sold in the same fashion. They will exist only as MP4s, due to file size, will be distributed via Yousendit.com.

To find out about ordering, just go to Nick Drozdoff :: Home and read the news item at the top of the home page. Much of the text is duplicated here. The order tab is at the top of that page.

I hope that all of this can help some players find the road to success!

All my best to you in music!

Peace.

-->>Nick Drozdoff

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Mezzo Piano User

Mar 22, 2009
    Los Angeles, CA
    Will you also be selling hard copies?

3. NickD

NickD Forte User

No hard copies; only PDF's, as of now.

This is totally self-published - what used to be called "vanity publishing." I have no corporate support whatsoever. In the current generation of hyper fast information exchange via the internet, handling things this way minimizes over head and there are no shipping and handling costs. This enables me to keep ti cheap.

ND

4. gbdeamer

gbdeamer Forte User

Oct 16, 2008
    I just completed my order!

Do I get a Nick Drozdoff t-shirt for being the first one?? :D

Thanks as always for sharing your knowledge!!

5. Graham

Graham Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ordering now!

6. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    For U.S.-Americans only?!?

7. NickD

NickD Forte User

Frank! OF COURSE I want folks from your neck of the woods to have it!
    I want everyone to have it, hence the low pricing and fast delivery.

You should be able to order it, but if there are problems with the order forms, just email me.

Nick

8. dhbailey

dhbailey Piano User

Jul 28, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Just placed my order also -- I really enjoyed listening to your music while visiting the web-site, and especially appreciated the fact that I had to initiate the playback and it didn't start automatically so that if I were trying to be quiet (surfing while at work, for example) it would be possible.

Nice web-site!

9. Graham

Graham Pianissimo User

Jun 8, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I had this problem too, but I discovered that there are some flags you can click on that allow you to place international orders!

10. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Great book for a great price. Nick's approach to the trumpet is well-researched and very pragmatic.

Mike